Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello!

First, I would like to say that this site has been VERY helpful to me in deciding a new life for myself.

I was looking into the lapband surgery when I first started my research. I've known about it for several years and had finally decided that I was going to JUST DO IT . . . And then I read about the sleeve.

I was convinced that the sleeve was for me. This site and it's members have provided me with so much information that I really felt so well prepared for the operation and still do in the early post op stages.

That's right, I am now sleeved. Today is my first day back home. My surgery was on Thursday. Stayed in the clinic Thurs and Fri night. In hotel Saturday night and came home on a 3 hour flight on Sunday.

I did get operated by a doctor that I found sort of through your site: Dr. Liza Pompa with LIMARP. There really is not much information regarding her here. If you are doing research regarding a surgeon and have questions regarding her, please feel free to send me question via email or here on the board.

I feel really good but at some point during the day I get a wave of fatigue. It's more than my usual 5-6pm sleepy-could-use-a-20-minute-nap so I just listen to my body and go to sleep until . . .

I took pain meds yesterday before the plane and since I have been home, I have not had any more except until . . . this:

I did get into a heated arguement and my stomach started to spasm and quiver. Can this cause a leak?

And I know, do not get upset. I am not going to do that again. I would like know if these "quivers" are normal 4-day out post ops issues?

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

REALLY ReadytoMaintain

I'm not sure if the heated argument can cause a leak so I can't help you there. But, I did want to welcome you to the "loser's bench", and hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Welcome to the forum and congrats. on your new sleeve. You will feel a little tired for a few days. Nothing to worry about. Enjoy your naps.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your surgery - the tiredness is to be expected because of the lack of Protein - once you get on mushies, you'll have more energy. As for the issues involved following the heated argument, I can't really give you any information as I haven't had any heated arguments and no quivers.

I thank all of you for your greetings and your comments.

I really appreciate them!

I am having a well recovery so far. I just have to maintain following the rules so that it can go even better. As for the gurgles and spasms, well, they are gone!

I am SURE that I will have more questions as I go along this process.

Thanks!

Ana

Gurgles and spasms are normal - the spasms not so much routine as the gurgles, but normal - I'm almost 5 months out and still have the spasms and the gurgles.

Congratulations on your surgery and welcome to The forum and to the Losers bench!!!

Just listen to your body and things should go smoothly!

Again- Congratulations!!!

I had waves of drowsiness/fatigue too, especially the first two weeks. I just listened to my body, and took a nap when I felt sleepy. Loved it! Rest is healing. Was glad I took two weeks off work.

Mushies gave me a much more normal energy level...but I was pooped by the time I finished my work shift, for about two weeks.

Thanks everyone again for your congrats and your helpful information. Indeed, just as VegasAngel has told me - the gurglies are still happening especially once I drink my chicken broth but then they just go away after a while. The spasms and quivers were indeed due to me getting upset which I have promised myself not to do again!

Everyone is so helpful and great!

Thanks!

ReadytoMaintain