Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post surgical emotional mess!

Hi all,

I am so glad that I have this board! Since my surgery 9-15-09, I have been so emotional, its sad. One minute im happy as can be, next minute im frustrated, irritable, etc. But it has nothing to do with the fact that I cant eat, yes, food still looks and smells good but im not bothered by it like that. My fiance has been so supportive during all this and I have been getting really agitated with him over the smallest things (and im normally a very easy going, happy person). Thank GOD that he is very easy going himself, he hasnt complained much.

I was on the phone with my father today and I was almost in tears, why I dont know, the conversation was not even sad! LOL I need to get a gripe and get one soon, im getting on my own damn nerves.

Has anyone experienced this?

It's not uncommon Shanda, I think most if not all of us have gone through it - hang in there and let your fiance know this too shall pass.

It's not uncommon Shanda, I think most if not all of us have gone through it - hang in there and let your fiance know this too shall pass.

Thanks Vegas. I guess you think that all of the nerves are gone when the surgery is over but I WAS SO WRONG! It's like im more sensitive these days. LOL:svengo:

Thanks Vegas. I guess you think that all of the nerves are gone when the surgery is over but I WAS SO WRONG! It's like im more sensitive these days. LOL:svengo:

I think, too, it has to do with the anesthesia and hormonal issues.

I agree, anesthesia, and hormone changes make for a soupy mess at times...It will pass, just keep telling yourself that. Are you getting in enough Protein and fluids? If you are a little dehydrated and also not getting enough nourishment, it just makes you feel even worse. One step at a time.....

I agree, anesthesia, and hormone changes make for a soupy mess at times...It will pass, just keep telling yourself that. Are you getting in enough Protein and fluids? If you are a little dehydrated and also not getting enough nourishment, it just makes you feel even worse. One step at a time.....

Yes. Ive been doing well on hydration/protein. I guess it will just take awhile for my hormonal level to adjust and for the anesthesia to get out of my system. Im glad that im more aware so that I can try to control those emotions.

Shanda I was a train wreck looking for a place to happen. Now that I can have some soft pureed foods I am better. It is normal and I promise it will get better with time. I was just like you. I cried easily over stupid stuff or nothing at all. I am happy with my surgery but would cry over it. You are normal girl!

Shanda I was a train wreck looking for a place to happen. Now that I can have some soft pureed foods I am better. It is normal and I promise it will get better with time. I was just like you. I cried easily over stupid stuff or nothing at all. I am happy with my surgery but would cry over it. You are normal girl!

Thanks, glad to know that im not the only one experiencing this.

I was definitely an emotional wreck post-op. Then, about 2 weeks ago, I found myself being emotional ago. I chalked it up to hormone levels fluctuating. Plus, not to overshare, but my periods have been off since surgery, and I get super cranky the week before. The cramping is better, and it's a lot lighter than before, but I'm super moody.

I was definitely an emotional wreck post-op. Then, about 2 weeks ago, I found myself being emotional ago. I chalked it up to hormone levels fluctuating. Plus, not to overshare, but my periods have been off since surgery, and I get super cranky the week before. The cramping is better, and it's a lot lighter than before, but I'm super moody.

Yep, it kinda sucks, yesterday was a better day for me but it has been up and down. Im feeling loco! LOL

I'm almost 4 weeks out and i have been hitting my bf hard as well. i more depress then what i was before my surgery i don't even care about the 32 pounds i lost since surgery. i'm starting to think it will never pass...................sorry can't be much of help. well maybe the 32 is something to smile about

nikki

Edited by ryansgirl

I think a lot of it is just plain stress. We have made major changes in our lives. For me, as much as I never liked to admit it, food was a crutch from a bad day. A nice heaping serving of Pasta or tons of mexican food after a bad day was my fav thing.

I will over share too. I just had my first period since surgery. Cramps were better but I was much heavier than I was used to. I had a few clothing accidents so might want to be careful so it doesn't catch you off guard. It did come right on time though.