Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Never got stuck

Been banded 5 weeks and never had a stuck episode. I'm in the green zone and consuming 800-1200 cal per day with 60-80g Protein. I do cardio 3-4 times per week. Is this normal about not getting any food stuck? I chew real real well.

Sounds like you are on track! Great that you are already in the green zone. Some people never get anything stuck. The main reasons this happens are because you are too tight, you took too big a bite, ate something too fast, didn't chew it up well enough or ate something that did not agree with your pouch/ band (which those foods are different for every person) As long as you keep eating the way you are, you should be fine! Best of Luck!

Pygo - I was banded on 3/25/13, and have never had a stuck episode. I'm in the green zone (I think), and losing weight steadily.

I also was beginning to wonder the same thing, because from what I keep reading in these forums, the occasional stuck episode seems to go along with the band. But I think the key is focusing on small bites, chewed VERY well. From the start, I was afraid of some of the things I've read, so I'm really careful about the way I eat. Apparently, it's working for both of us! :)

You are doing GREAT!

You guys are truly saving me right now....Im still finishing testing and after the number of "bad" news posts lately I have been doubting my decision to be banded. I was seeing more bad than good and letting it get the best of me....

I know everyone is different and from your experiences you are working the band the way it is meant to be but sometimes there is so much "negative" stuff around here that as a wanna-be and workin' to be bandster it gets really scary to read it all.

So for you that posted above THANK YOU :) THANK YOU :rolleyes: THANK YOU :D

Ditto! I start solids later this week and I have been so nervous about it! Thanks. :)

You guys are truly saving me right now....Im still finishing testing and after the number of "bad" news posts lately I have been doubting my decision to be banded. I was seeing more bad than good and letting it get the best of me....

I know everyone is different and from your experiences you are working the band the way it is meant to be but sometimes there is so much "negative" stuff around here that as a wanna-be and workin' to be bandster it gets really scary to read it all.

So for you that posted above THANK YOU :) THANK YOU :rolleyes: THANK YOU :D

There are more success stories with the band, than not. Many times, people only post when they're having an issue. In my short time on this site (relatively speaking), many of the band issues aren't from the band, they're from people not adhering to the lifestyle change required WITH the band. Sure, sometimes (for whatever the reason) people's bodies reject it, or they have other issues in relationship to the surgery. But overall, there are way MORE positives.

This morning, I had my three month check-up with my surgeon. He goes through a list of the usual questions; do you get stuck, are you nauseous, does food come up, etc. My answer is no to everything. I have zero issues, and I'm absolutely THRILLED with the results so far.

Before I decided what surgery to have (about a year ago), I looked in these forums; lap band and gastric bypass. I actually freaked out and decided to do nothing, because after all the negative posts, I decided it wasn't for me. Close to a year later, and another 12 pounds, I knew I had to do something. After much mental torment, I decided on the band with plication. I'm SO GLAD that I did!

Good luck! Just try & focus on the positive. There is a LOT of it here :)

The birth of my daughter has been a great motivator.

Adorable!!! Congrats :)

Awesome job! Just shows that when you follow the rules we can all be successful! Excited for my surgery! Thanks for sharing, and your daughter is adorable!! :D

Almost four months post-op, never been stuck nor had any discomfort. I'm 100% compliant with post-band directives which accounts for most of this. That said, as of about 2 weeks I've been out of the green zone now (maybe my weight loss has made my band looser? Who knows?) and getting my 2nd fill; hopefully I'll still be able to say "never been stuck" after the next cc!