Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I could rewind 1 week ago, would I still do it?

At this point in time...no. I would have much rather not have gone through. I am hoping this feeling will disappear as the pain disappears but I would be lying if I didnt say I wish I could take it back. I wanted to know if anyone is having the some problems as me. My thoughts are right now...

1) I knew there was going to be pain from surgery but not THIS much pain. My body has a very low pain tolerance and doesnt accept pain medication well so since surgery I have not had a moments peace from pain

2) I did not know my body would reject food so immediately. Now this is different for every person but in my case I am on the "full liquid" time frame but I can not digest anything other than Clear liquids. No Soups, no protien shakes, nada. Anytime I do my stomach racks up with pain

3) I did not know I would be SO HUNGRY. 3 days after surgery the hunger pains kicked in. Real true hunger which I have NEVER experienced before then, I thought I had but I HAD NO IDEA! And because my body cant no digest the hunger remains and is worst than any pain from the surgery. Hunger is literally the only thought in my mind the past 2 days, watching movies and things my MIND and BODY ache with every food commercial and not just bad food but hell 1 commercial had apples (which IM not a fan of) and I just started crying. Which brings me to my last point

4) Support. I needed to have much more support in line. Unfortunately 2 days after surgery most of my friends and family had gone on vacation, gone back to work, ect. I feel very alone / abandoned. I forced my boyfriend to not go to work today because I just didn't think I could handle another day of pain alone.

With all of this being said my doctor prescribed me more pain medication yesterday and my outlook is much better than it was previously. It is relieving some of the pain from pinched nerves inside my body and is helping my stomach tolerate greater amounts of liquid so I am feeling good. I am hoping that in a few days I am like most people on here saying : IM SO HAPPY ABOUT MY CHOICE , but we will see, I cant take it back now... and I have to live with the decision I made.

I immediately regretted my decision for the surgery but now I am 7 days post op and I'm not regretting it anymore. The feeling you have will pass.

Sorry you are having such a difficult time. I don't know how I would have felt, had it not been for the Lortab. I leaned on that quite a bit, and it really helped with the pain (and kept me loopy enough not to care).

I have a strong feeling, that in a few weeks you will report back that you are happy about your decision. The beginning is the worst, but as you begin to settle into your new way of eating, AND the weight is coming off, things look a whole LOT different ;)

Regarding the gnawing hunger pangs, I had that too. It would wake me up in the middle of the night, and it was really bad. The nurse in my doctor's office said that they hear it a lot; mostly with banded plication patients. Though they don't suggest having anything before going to bed, I drank a small glass of milk. It helped a great deal, so maybe that is something that may help. Or, some of a milky Protein shake.... Anything to quell the hunger. But the good news is, it DOES go away. I no longer have the gnawing that I did in the beginning.

Hang in there..... As you've read in these forums, things do get a lot better with some time. I was surprised at just how laid out I was after surgery. But now, that is ancient history, and I'm down 30 pounds. It's all good :)

I think you are just overwhelmed with all the reasons you listed. Usually we can tackle one, maybe two stressors at a time, but after that it can really bombard us. I know right now you are in the height or your emotions, pain etc. But this is not the time to reevaluate your decision. YES you did make the right decision. As crappy as it seems and feels at this moment, the only thing you are going to regret in a couple months is your regretting your decision :) Hang in there hon. These are the moments that show you how strong you really are once you get to the other side. I'm excited to hear about your progress once you've healed.

I agree here. I felt the same way the first couple of days, not as much, but I was like what did I do to myself, HOWEVER, I am 2 weeks post today and I feel great!!!! The pain subsided, I got the hunger under control by following the book I was given The Lap Band Solution by Paul O'Brien. I followed the first and second week liquid/food transition and I was worried, but it all worked out just perfectly. I realized last night that I am smaller, I am no longer a night snacker, Coca Cola means nothing anymore, and I am below my calorie intake, but only because my body has adjusted and I am not hungry as often. PLEASE hang in there, you will be so happy with the results!

Did your Dr put Fluid in the band during surgery?

Hang in there, it really does get better!! I had 3 hard weeks post op but now I am 6 weeks and I feel great and so will you :)

Did your Dr put Fluid in the band during surgery?

No, I didnt think anyone had any Fluid when they first put the band in. I guess i'm not 100% sure. I my Post Op Appt is next week I will have to ask him then

Hey guys!

Thanks for the support, it has been rough and I am really hoping my body will adjust to the changes. I have heard that you can become lactose intolerant from this surgery and hoping that maybe I can try full liquids by switching to a lactose free option for my Protein shakes and Soup blends. My pain has subsided substantially after getting back on pain medication hopefully my body can heal enough in the next 2 - 3 days that I don't need to depend on it anymore. I would hate to have to rely on narcotics for any longer than necessary.