Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SURGERY APPOINTMENT SET FOR TOMORROW AT 6 AM. ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE? I WAS NOT NERVOUS OR QUESTIONING DOING THIS UNTIL NOW.

What you're feeling is normal. I questioned myself right up till they put me to sleep and even after they woke me up. I'm 5 days post op and feeling great. You'll do great tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Your feelings are normal. I was so nervous/anxious when I got to the hospital they had to give me something to calm me down. Good luck tomorrow. This is the start to a new you...

Every time I think of my surgery I get very nervous, totally normal to be nervous before an operation , you will be fine good luck !

Thank you all. I know this is normal. It's hard to shake the nerves.

You're telling me. I was a ball of nerves. I don't hate traditional surgery but I hate the unknown. WLS felt like that. But I'd do it again.

I also have surgery tomorrow reporting to the hospital at 6:30 AM. I'm so nervous and scared to death I can't believe this is my last day and tomorrow's the first day of the rest of my life. I have so many expectations and I'm just so afraid of being disappointed with the results or my decision, I see so many mixed stories here on the forum that I just don't know how my body is going to react.

Good luck to everyone and I just can't wait to be in post op mode.

You're the only one responsible for your success... You're body will react fine. Just stay focused and you'll be a okay! ;)

SURGERY APPOINTMENT SET FOR TOMORROW AT 6 AM. ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE? I WAS NOT NERVOUS OR QUESTIONING DOING THIS UNTIL NOW.

How are you feeling? Are you out yet? I just left the hospital and every bump hurts. Can't wait to get home and rest.

Hi there. Yes I am doing well. Better than I expected. No gas pains as of yet. My stomach is obviously really sore But it's OK. I have been up walking as much as I can and sipping slot if Water and broth. I haven't let any of the pain meds wear off yet. I plan on taking them Evey 4 hours through Sunday and see how I feel. How are you doing?

Wow!! You did it!! My op due in 1 month! Each day I stress more and sleep less. How are you ladies feeling?

I am honestly feeling slot better than expected. I was up walking around the house quite a bit yesterday and burping all I could. No gas pains as of yet. I have made sure I take my Vicodin every 4 hours and the liquid ibuprofen Evey y6 hours. I am sore But not nearly as bad as I had siked myself out for. Good luck to you

I feel good as well, just very very sore it's almost like when you do a really intense ab exercise and it hurts to get up out of the chair or off the couch the next day. It's like that times 50 LOL. Have been sipping Water and broth as well just little bits here and there but I'm really not hungry or in the mood to consume anything right now.

I do not have any gas either and I should be walking around more probably been doing since I got home but sleeping because I was so nervous last night and had to get up at 5 AM I just didn't sleep much. Now that I've taken a nice long nap I plan to get up and walk a little bit. My pain is back as I didn't fill my prescription right away my daughter is on her way to Walgreens now to pick it up for me and I tell you what I will not let it lapse after that every four hours just like you mentioned. The pain is no fun but bearable and I think it's completely worth it. I mean honestly I had two C-sections with my kids and this is absolutely nothing compared to that pain.

I feel good as well, just very very sore it's almost like when you do a really intense ab exercise and it hurts to get up out of the chair or off the couch the next day. It's like that times 50 LOL. Have been sipping Water and broth as well just little bits here and there but I'm really not hungry or in the mood to consume anything right now.

I do not have any gas either and I should be walking around more probably been doing since I got home but sleeping because I was so nervous last night and had to get up at 5 AM I just didn't sleep much. Now that I've taken a nice long nap I plan to get up and walk a little bit. My pain is back as I didn't fill my prescription right away my daughter is on her way to Walgreens now to pick it up for me and I tell you what I will not let it lapse after that every four hours just like you mentioned. The pain is no fun but bearable and I think it's completely worth it. I mean honestly I had two C-sections with my kids and this is absolutely nothing compared to that pain.

I have to go in for surgery Tuesday. So you don't think the pain is that severe? I'm afraid of not waking up but I'm also afraid of the pain.

~~~Stephanie

Being nervous is normal, but there is absolutely nothing to worry about. I've only had the LapBand for two weeks and I can tell you it is absolutely the best thing I've ever done for myself and my family.

Remember, haters gonna hate and bandsters gonna lose weight!!!

LapBand = Fat melting off your body and staying off.