Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was 1st day of liquids... My blood sugar is low..I had to pop a few crackers in my mouth tonight :(...I will need to call the doctor in the morning to see what meds I need to cut back on..has anyone had this problem?

It is always wise to call your doctors, regarding issues such as blood sugar etc, are on insulin ? did u take your blood sugar levels or is this just a feeling of it. Normally if u have been eating a lot then suddenly cut back, you can get some feelings of light headedness, tired, feeling a little sick, but normally this is more to do with your body craving all the carbs that it is used to. If your sugar levels go down and u are used to them being a lot higher, this can also feel like low blood sugar but it just your sugar normalising a little its just lower than it used to be and not the 'low blood sugar' in medical terms, but speak to your doctor always if you have monitored your sugar and the numbers drop considerably ..

I had to stop taking my blood pressure pills. I am of all meds now. Bets wishes. Call your drs ofc before stopping your meds. karen

A few days after surgery, I found that I was getting lightheaded every time I stood up quickly, or bent over. In a weird coincidence, I wound up back in the hospital ER for a problem with my eye a week later. They took my blood pressure three times, and each time it was below 100 for both readings......like 90/58, 92/60...that sort of thing. I told the ER doc that I was taking BP medicine and he suggested that since my surgery, I might consider stopping it now. But to check with my primary care doc to be sure, which I did.

I have been checking my BP daily the last two weeks and it has hovered around 115/75 while off my BP meds. My surgeon told me that over time I would probably be able to stop taking the BP medicines.....I just never realized it would happen that fast.

By the way, I bought one of those wrist BP monitors.....it was only around $20 on Amazon and it works fine for a quick test.

Ron

My blood sugar is always crazy low, and the doctors freak out when they check it. You definitely need to call your doctor and have your meds adjusted. Your liquid diet and what lies ahead is going to play a very big part on your blood sugar. You need to watch that and keep a very close eye on it.

I am also having a hard time keeping my blood sugar up. I have stopped taking my januvia and glyburide. I am on day 8 of my liquid diet and have had to take some glucose tablets to keep my sugar from bottoming out. I try to spread my shakes out to where I would be taking one around the time my sugar is crashing. My sugar is hanging around 86 as a high which for me is very low. 125 used to be a low number for me before the liquid diet. If you find out about any pointers I am open to any suggestions. I have a week to go and everyone is tired of me snappy and moody. :)

Today was 1st day of liquids... My blood sugar is low..I had to pop a few crackers in my mouth tonight :(...I will need to call the doctor in the morning to see what meds I need to cut back on..has anyone had this problem?

That is not much info. Are you diabetic? Do you check your levels with a meter or are you just going by how you feel? Are you on insulin or pills etc.?

I have type 2...Went to doctors, she took me off some of my meds...Doing better...just having headaches and very tired all the time......

I had to quit taking both of my diabetic meds. I got some light cranberry and apple juice and drink a small glass of it when I start to drop. I have been hanging around in the 70's but doing alright for the most part. I go in for surgery Friday. My two weeks are almost over. I know the first few weeks are also going to be a challenge with my sugar, it is kind of a change dealing with low blood sugar instead of high. Good luck to you. It really does get easier. :)