Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too tight ? Swollen ? MISERY !

I got a fill on 4/24, did my 2 days of liquid and everything was fine! .. the next day (Day 3) I went to a house warming party, ate all kinds of finger foods, again just fine.. Now 3 days ago my sister handed me a piece of beef Jerky that I was able to get down with no problems but about an hour later, I had this horrible burning in my throat and had to vomit over and over, it was pure torture.

Now it is 3 days later, I haven't been able to keep anything down, and not in that "I know i need to stop eating because its building up" I will take my small bites eat a little bit and an hour later it will all come back up.

I've had the band for 3 years now and I know what it feels like to be too tight, I don't really think that's the case (but as we all know, the band.. aka "Sybil" can change her face at anytime)

I called and scheduled an un-fill thinking that might calm "Sybil" down a little bit but they cant see me for another week.. I'm not sure I can last that long on no food or liquids.

- anyone else deal with something similar and if so, what have you done to relieve the pain? I just want to be able to drink something im so thirsty.

Are you not even holding down fluids?? If you aren't holding down your own saliva call you dr NOW and ask which emergency dept you can go to. Dehydration happens VERY quickly and waiting a week is not an option.

If you can hold down your saliva but not fluids, get yourself some pineapple juice and sip sip sip. It helps with the inflammation around the stoma. Avoid anything more substantial than liquids for 24 hours AT LEAST then move to mushies if you can. Avoid solids for at least 3 days.

Call your doctor please. This could be very easy to fix, little unfill, or a sign of something more serious, like a slip. Please post again to let us know you're ok :)

Tell your doctor you can't keep liquids down. Dehydration is not something to mess around with!!

Suck crushed ice. If that doesn't work GO to emergency.

i had the same problem! i went for a fill last wed,drank the glass of Water in the drs office...was fine...went home,had half a glass of iced tea,and ended up vomiting for 2 hrs. couldnt sleep all night,kept feeling like i was chocking.the next day,i called my doctor,they couldnt give me an appt until this coming monday! i stayed on liquids until sunday,was able to hold down about half of the liquids i swalowed.sunday comes and im able to eat and drink just fine!! then,mon and tuesday....same problem!! then yesterday (wed),i ate just fine...today,cant eat anything!! sooo weird!! not sure if i should even go to my appt or not!!

i had the same problem! i went for a fill last wed' date='drank the glass of Water in the drs office...was fine...went home,had half a glass of iced tea,and ended up vomiting for 2 hrs. couldnt sleep all night,kept feeling like i was chocking.the next day,i called my doctor,they couldnt give me an appt until this coming monday! i stayed on liquids until sunday,was able to hold down about half of the liquids i swalowed.sunday comes and im able to eat and drink just fine!! then,mon and tuesday....same problem!! then yesterday (wed),i ate just fine...today,cant eat anything!! sooo weird!! not sure if i should even go to my appt or not!![/quote']

I did the same thing for a week. Couldn't live not knowing what day I was gonna keep food down or not. Went in he removed part of last weeks fill. I'm good now !!! I was in red zone thinking it wld get better then I was like ooh I don't think so. Tiny unfil and I can eat!!! Lost 2 more lbs!!!

I'm ok!!! First, I really appreciate all of your responses, Thank you so much.

I took your advice and went straight to the hospital on Day 4 (saliva made me feel like i had a fire ball in my throat). They did an emergency esophagram beings that 8 months ago I had a baby and according to the nurse, slippage is quite common. I lost 12lbs in a week and a half which sounded great but I know was so unhealthy.

No slippage (thank goodness) - just major swelling. On 4/24 my fill was for .40 bringing me to 5cc in my 10cc band.. they removed .25cc and now i feel like they took out too much :(

Again, thanks for your responses.

Omg...the same thing happened to me after my fill monday! Had my band for 3 years..decided to get a fill after 2 years so I could reach my goal weight. He added .5 drink Water at office with no problem. I was on luquids for 24 hours something went wrong tuesday. I couldn't keep anything down it kept getting worse. Needless to say I called the dr wednesday I was down 9 lbs he took out .25 he made me drink 2 glasses of water b4 I left snd he put me on liquid for 2 days. Today I was so tired and weak but as the day progressed I was doing fine...being tight Is a horrible feeling.

It really pisses me off when I hear about Dr. Offices that won't give an appt to someone who is suffering!!! It takes less than a minute to perform an unfill!

When I called a few months ago with an issue they told me to come right in. That should always be the case.

If your doctor doesn't provide that level of care I suggest finding one that will.

I got a fill last week. I am 16 months out and have been at my goal for several months. Felt like I was getting hungry too much. I not only keep throwing up but have horrible nausea. Naturally I can't get in for an adjustment until Thursday. Anyone else ever ad the nausea?

I got a fill last week. I am 16 months out and have been at my goal for several months. Felt like I was getting hungry too much. I not only keep throwing up but have horrible nausea. Naturally I can't get in for an adjustment until Thursday. Anyone else ever ad the nausea?

I've had the nausea where I couldn't swallow my own saliva but I was OK after several hours of not eating and I slowly drank a cup of hot tea. I took tiny sips but it helped. It was chamomile tea so it was very soothing.

I had nausea the day after my fill but it wasn't because I was too tight. Something about the fill (or the barium drink) just made me bilious. It calmed down after a couple of days.