Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy New Year????

Good Morning and a Good New Year to ALL!

I was on a few other sites this morning, and all I can say is I am SO GLAD that I no longer have to make myself promises or resolutions concerning dieting and loosing weight...EVER AGAIN!

Seems that is all I read about...people making "Empty" resolutions, which I have done many times and failed at every one....

I will head to the gym when they open today, and like every New Year, the place will be packed with new people vowing to loose weight with new gym memberships....

I know firsthand the staff there have an inside joke about these people....how long will they last?? I also know they will push hard "Private One on One Training" to make their $$ while the going is good.....

Today, as was the last few days, the TV commercials will be all about this and that weight loss scheme.....summer is 6 months away...sign up today!!

The morning news on TV has already run segments about "Cooking" and "Exercising"

I cannot express enough how happy I am to have been set free from all that culture!

I have a NEW LIFESTYLE.....I can think about other things rather than my weight and immediate health issues......words cannot describe what true freedom and release feels like!

I was thinking about this a few days ago actually. My new year started the first day of preop. It's actually a new chapter, a new life and I'm live good!

B-52, you look amazing in your tux. All dressed up for us!!! :D I, also, love that we can just make New Years Day, another day. I had 1 glass of wine lastnight to toast the new year with my hubby, and that was all . I am just such a party animal!!Anyway, no resolutions here either. With the band we can be normal. HAppy New year and best wishes to all. Karen

Have to agree that as I am settling into maintainience I chuckled at all the displays in the stores for diet foods, exercise equipment and the next best thing to help you lose weight. It's such a scam ..and I fell into for oh so many years.

When really it was so simple.... Count your calories, eat healthy and have the band as your secret weapon to help keep it all on track.... Oh how easy is that??

Happy New Year!!!

I was thinking about this a few days ago actually. My new year started the first day of preop. It's actually a new chapter, a new life and I'm live good!

I love that..... It was our new year. I went to the gym yesterday and noticed how they were vamping up for all those New Year resolutions. I am so glad that I go just because I go.

Im with you on that also. No new resolutions for me either. I am happy to not have to do that. I quit smoking 2 and a half years ago when I was six months post op, have lost so much weight and feel great. I loathe all the years I spent making those stupid resolutions to only find myself feeling guilty that I didnt make it a week out. Nope no more for me. Just loving life as it is.

I call all the weight-loss and exercise resolutioners, (myself included in the past) the Valentiners, because they're all cleared out by Valentines Day!!!

I will be glad when my doctor gets my band back up to speed though! I feel like I'm back in bandster hell, and I didn't think I'd have that with plication ;-(

Luv , luv, luv, this post my thoughts exactly! Special thanks to B52 for starting this thread.

Joni2

no resolution to me for the first time in my life.

i will continue to do what i have been doing for the last 6 months..

eating better food in small amounts, drinking alot and walking

and hanging with a good support unit. also using good old want power.

I feel the same way! My kids asked me last night what my New Year resolution was and I told them that for the first time in a long time I really don't have one. I'm just going to keep on what I'm doing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using LapBandTalk

I didn't make a resolution either I am still newly post op so I have not been cleared for any exercise besides walking yet.. I am down 61 lbs though including my pre op liquid diet weight loss.. And for the FIRST time in my life I am excited to start other exercise! I can't wait to be cleared and join a gym! I have energy I never had before that I need to do something with! Congrats to everyone else hitting the exercise hard! Happy New Year!

I call all the weight-loss and exercise resolutioners' date=' (myself included in the past) the Valentiners, because they're all cleared out by Valentines Day!!!

I will be glad when my doctor gets my band back up to speed though! I feel like I'm back in bandster hell, and I didn't think I'd have that with plication ;-([/quote']

So if may ask when did you get your first fill? I had plication done also and haven't needed a fill yet. I'm 8 weeks out! Tha ks