Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Week 2 Post Of Bandit Hell

will i do serious damage if i move to the mushy stage too soon ??

You might. Stick to your dr's orders for now. As you are on liquids keep sipping and slurping. Try to add some Protein to your drinks, yogurt and Soup and it will keep you full longer. Think you have another week to go. You can do it.

im just really really hungry and starting to crave meat soooo bad,, im doing three Protein Shakes a day plus a Multivitamin, , plus chicken and vegie Soup of dinner, , so plenty of food and Protein, , but still soo hungry and cravings are hell :/

You could do serious damage you are healing you do not want to get anything stuck because that could get real ugly on new stitches.... But even if that didn't happen ... you would open the door to doing it your way.... isn't doing it your way what got you to needing lap band in the first place?? This is your first curve on your journey are you willing to take the same route that got you overweight in the past.

Do what they tell you , how they tell you no one ever died in Lapband hell they learn to be strong . If you make up your mind now to do it by the book and not by you the rest of the journey gets so much easier.

You could do serious damage you are healing you do not want to get anything stuck because that could get real ugly on new stitches.... But even if that didn't happen ... you would open the door to doing it your way.... isn't doing it your way what got you to needing lap band in the first place?? This is your first curve on your journey are you willing to take the same route that got you overweight in the past.

Do what they tell you ' date=' how they tell you no one ever died in Lapband hell they learn to be strong . If you make up your mind now to do it by the book and not by you the rest of the journey gets so much easier.[/quote']

Wow! Great post!

mayas was dead on with her response

if you called your dr, would they say its okay to move to next stage?

the dr gave you instructions to follow to protect your health

why risk it because (you are hungry/craving)

you are hungry more because you are healing and the swelling is going down

if you cant control yourself now, can you later on?

wildrose is also right...stick with your dr's orders

call them and ask if you move to next stage

the choice is yours

Great advice from the bandsters above.. I was craving chicken during those first 2 weeks if you can believe that! But I got through it following the guidelines and you will too!

This thinking is a serious challenge to your eventual success with weight loss and an uncomplicated weight loss journey with your band. Your surgeon is not trying to torture you at this stage, and there are valid medical reasons for following the instructions you were given by your surgeon.

We can get into serious trouble with the band if we choose to ignore the instructions the surgeon gives; you may stretch your pouch, harm the placement of your band, or not loose weight.

You have paid good money to have the expertise of your surgeon...it will help you immensely to follow the rules and not make up your own along the way.

The pre op and post op diets were by for the most difficult stages for me to date...but you do get through if you decide that you want to. If you want to move to the next stage early, don't do it unless your surgeon gives their approval.

Good luck...

I agree w/ all the posts above.

I would add that this isn't easy and we have all been there. Sometimes you have to take it hour by hour and day by day to get through the adjustment. You are in a mourning of sorts as you change your relationship with food. When you are really feeling that head hunger (craving), try to distract yourself by going for a walk or some other activity. It does get easier though as you start changing that relationship.

Definitely follow the doc's instructions though, even if it sucks for now so you can ensure proper healing and instill good habits in yourself as you claim victory over the cravings. If you can control it now, you will be in a much better place to control it later when it is over sweets, or junk food, etc.

You CAN do this. Just think, today you are one day closer today to the mushie stage.

I agree with what everyone said. Drink tons of Water, take a walk, do anything to get your mind off of food. Cravings pass and our thoughts are not commands. You can get through this, we all did! Good luck!

My clinic used the phrase 'pop a stitch' (refering to my insides), that was enough to have me not even question my hunger or my dr's instructions............pop a stictch - ewwwwww

wow i really didnt even think of it that way,,, i was just thinking i was sooo hungry,, but your right i need to follow the instructions cuz doing it my way got me here,, crap cant believe i was so quick to slio back into old thought patterns,, a little scary :/ so glad to havw this community to keep me on track,,

maybe im not getting enough protien in ?? would that be why im so hungry ?? its not a head hunger its a "my tummy is grumbling and whinging at me" hungry,, any suggestions on how i can stick to the rules but kinda satisfy that as well ?

ok so im back on track now with liquids,, but my MYFITNESSPALL app is telling me im having to under the calories i should,, will this slow down my weight loss ?

I really wouldn't worry about losing weight right now as you are in the healing stage. Most of the weight we lose on liquid diets is Water anyway and not fat. Try to get more Protein in so you feel satiated, I don't know that you will be satisfied from a Protein Shake. Find one that tastes delicious. I suggest chocolate Proto whey BNRG. It tastes like a milkshake!

I was craving meat so bad in the liquid stage as well! I know this sounds crazy but I found a recipe for tuna Soup and that's the only thing that kept me sane!

1 can tuna drained (subst. w/ can chicken)

2 cups fat free cheddar cheese shredded

1 onion diced

Diced garlic

Nutmeg

5oz of frozen broccoli

1 cup skim milk

chicken broth to make it less thick

Throw it all in a pot and let cheese melt and bring to a boil, after blend it all up in blender!!! I PROMISE it's good!!