Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If You're Feeling Down...

i have officially (as of this morning) lost 50 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the big 5-0!!!!

as i told someone this morning, they asked if had gotten easier... and it made me remember how difficult it was in the beginning... especially all the changes, the recovering, the liquid DIET! oy! i remember CRYING because it was so hard!

i see a lot of posts of other banders that are frustrated and down sometimes... and i was one of those that posted my frustrations and i received so much encouragement... so.... i wanted to come post a little note to those that are feeling a little down or frustrated... so this is for you...

KEEP GOING!! i know its hard!! i have been there... i have cried many times just from sheer frustration when i was on the liquid diet for 4 weeks (pre-op and post-op)... i have cried while recovering in the days after surgery wondering why i had done this... i have MOURNED the end of my relationship with food, actually sad because i wouldn't be able to 'stuff my face' anymore... i have been frustrated and angry when i've been out to eat with friends and have had to watch them eat because i was on liquids for two days after each fill... i have felt the sadness, frustration, anger... everything that comes with change! but let me tell you... it has been WORTH IT!!!! when i stepped on the scale this morning and finally saw that 247, signalling that i had lost 50 whole pounds... it was like all the difficulties were forgotten. i love hearing someone tell me how great i look... or someone say how inspired they are to change their lifestyle too... or being able to fit into skinny jeans! i love it. and i just want to tell you that although right now it seems hard... just hold on... it gets MUCH easier and its so worth it! I"M NOT AT MY GOAL YET... in fact, i'm just 1/3 of the way there... and i'm sure it will be harder some days... but i have to remember how great success feels and know that whatever difficulty is just temporary. so keep on going!!! i'm rooting for yoU!!!

much love!

sylvia

post-338560-13813140384654_thumb.jpg

What a fabulous post! Thank you, from someone who is now 6 days postop. I am battling my mind over exactly what the band means for my life, so to read your joy and excitement is exactly the right thing this morning!

Good on you!

Very awesome Post Sylvia!! very inspirational! I have not had the surgery yet, but reading some of the fustrations on here has had my emotions and doubts up and down. But your post has made me confirm just WHY i want this done.. Nothing great comes easy... even the band :)

Great Post!

Nice Job!

Thanks for this post. I needed it today. To remind me of how far I have come. I, too, have hit my 50lb point. I hit it a month or so ago and have been on a plateau, letting Snacks creap back in. I haven't gained any but know I'm eating more carbs than Protein. I have been feeling down about it. I go to a support group once a month but don't have any "friends" with the band who "get" what I'm going through physically and emotionally. Reading your post reminded me of all I have been through to get to where I am today and how great I have done and how great I feel and how much I enjoy people telling me how great I look. Thanks so much!!

I love it. Thank you for posting this. I want to cry all the time when i cant eat things when i see my friends just eating away and can be fit and healthy. Going to dinner is def hard! When everyone is eating a burrito and rice, and I'm across the table sipping on Soup or veggies its very frusterating. Great job on 50lbs!!

You hit the nail on the head. If this was easier then everyone would be doing it!!

I remember about a year ago when I was down the first 100... a friend of ours told me I wasnt fun anymore. I didnt eat, drink (adult beverages very much) and I am only focused on my diet. I was destroyed for a minute... then I thought about it. Granted I had been focused 100% on my diet... to the extreme propably... but its what I had to do. So on the 2nd 100 lbs I decided to enjoy th occasional wine and partake in the fun I was supposedly missing out on. Well I still lost the weight but my friend still thinks I am not as much fun becasue I wont have more than a glass of wine or 1 potato chip. So I started thinking about it... He is a tall guy 6'6 I think. In college he played Football and weighed about 230 . Today I believe he is 310. ABout once a quarter he goes on Adkins or something and loses 30 lbs for a few months then gains it right back. Same thing I used to do.... SO I decided he is jealous. And telling me I am no fun anymore is his way of making himself feel better.

I have hard days like everyone else. I am strict with myself because I am an all or nothing girl. If I allowed myself more than 2 M&Ms or 1 glass of wine or a 1/4c of mashed potatoes I would eat until my band stopped me. And I wouldnt lose weight. And the is really not fun!

What a fabulous post! Thank you, from someone who is now 6 days postop. I am battling my mind over exactly what the band means for my life, so to read your joy and excitement is exactly the right thing this morning!

Good on you!

i completely understand! those first few days or first week is hard! Mostly its because of the anesthesia and how it depresses you a few days after surgery! and its so many changes that it can seem overwhelming. i'm very excited for you! you can do this... and when you think you cant... keep going! i'm telling you, in a month, you wont even feel the change much anymore! it'll just be another part of your life! rooting for you! message me if you need anything!

Very awesome Post Sylvia!! very inspirational! I have not had the surgery yet, but reading some of the fustrations on here has had my emotions and doubts up and down. But your post has made me confirm just WHY i want this done.. Nothing great comes easy... even the band :)

you know, its better to know AHEAD of time the emotions you will go through! seriously! i'm glad i hung out on this site before surgery and after... it helped me know that everything i was feeling was normal and to expect it before hand and be able to better deal with it. whoever is going to be with you after surgery... let them know about these feelings that you might have after surgery so they can be better supportive for you. i know, i told my husband... "look, i might cry... i might get depressed... just remind me that i KNEW about this beforehand and that its normal and it will go away shortly"... he did... and it was a great help!

Thanks for this post. I needed it today. To remind me of how far I have come. I, too, have hit my 50lb point. I hit it a month or so ago and have been on a plateau, letting Snacks creap back in. I haven't gained any but know I'm eating more carbs than Protein. I have been feeling down about it. I go to a support group once a month but don't have any "friends" with the band who "get" what I'm going through physically and emotionally. Reading your post reminded me of all I have been through to get to where I am today and how great I have done and how great I feel and how much I enjoy people telling me how great I look. Thanks so much!!

congrats on how far you've come! you are doing great and its ok when we fall... because we get up stronger! i have eaten badly a couple times, but for me, its been getting it through my head to get back on the program right away. thats always been my downfall. so if i can do it... you for sure can! its been helpful to be in contact with some other banders through email or texting... its such an awesome support system! feel free to message me... i'd love to be a "friend who gets it ;)"

I love it. Thank you for posting this. I want to cry all the time when i cant eat things when i see my friends just eating away and can be fit and healthy. Going to dinner is def hard! When everyone is eating a burrito and rice, and I'm across the table sipping on Soup or veggies its very frusterating. Great job on 50lbs!!

yea man eating out is sometimes the most hard. just make good choices and enjoy what you're having. and concentrate more on the company than the food! at the end of the day... you'll remember more about what you talked about and the memories than you will about what everyone ate. ;) keep it up though... its soooo worth it!! we can totally do this!

You hit the nail on the head. If this was easier then everyone would be doing it!!

I remember about a year ago when I was down the first 100... a friend of ours told me I wasnt fun anymore. I didnt eat, drink (adult beverages very much) and I am only focused on my diet. I was destroyed for a minute... then I thought about it. Granted I had been focused 100% on my diet... to the extreme propably... but its what I had to do. So on the 2nd 100 lbs I decided to enjoy th occasional wine and partake in the fun I was supposedly missing out on. Well I still lost the weight but my friend still thinks I am not as much fun becasue I wont have more than a glass of wine or 1 potato chip. So I started thinking about it... He is a tall guy 6'6 I think. In college he played Football and weighed about 230 . Today I believe he is 310. ABout once a quarter he goes on Adkins or something and loses 30 lbs for a few months then gains it right back. Same thing I used to do.... SO I decided he is jealous. And telling me I am no fun anymore is his way of making himself feel better.

I have hard days like everyone else. I am strict with myself because I am an all or nothing girl. If I allowed myself more than 2 M&Ms or 1 glass of wine or a 1/4c of mashed potatoes I would eat until my band stopped me. And I wouldnt lose weight. And the is really not fun!

wow that is so insightful! you completely right!! you know, i remember i went to a support ground for banders and one thing they talked about was how some friends would treat us differently. like they wouldn't know how to deal with us being a little different (or a lot!) from before. like it would be ackward and stuff! its been like that for me too with my best friend. she's been wanting to lose and i try to encourage her and help her with it... but i can only do so much and she's not committed to her goals. now that i'm losing and quickly approaching the weight she's at... its a little weird. i've always been bigger than her in all the years we've known each other... and i can feel a little bit of tension from her side. but i cant let that Detour me! like you said... you have do what you have to do for yourself! i'm so proud of you! 200+ pounds is AMAZING!!!!!!! i hope to be where you are one day!!!! :) :) :) you're an inspiration!

You're a great inspiration, Sylvia. Keep up the great work!

Stephanie

i have officially (as of this morning) lost 50 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the big 5-0!!!!

as i told someone this morning' date=' they asked if had gotten easier... and it made me remember how difficult it was in the beginning... especially all the changes, the recovering, the liquid DIET! oy! i remember CRYING because it was so hard!

i see a lot of posts of other banders that are frustrated and down sometimes... and i was one of those that posted my frustrations and i received so much encouragement... so.... i wanted to come post a little note to those that are feeling a little down or frustrated... so this is for you...

KEEP GOING!! i know its hard!! i have been there... i have cried many times just from sheer frustration when i was on the liquid diet for 4 weeks (pre-op and post-op)... i have cried while recovering in the days after surgery wondering why i had done this... i have MOURNED the end of my relationship with food, actually sad because i wouldn't be able to 'stuff my face' anymore... i have been frustrated and angry when i've been out to eat with friends and have had to watch them eat because i was on liquids for two days after each fill... i have felt the sadness, frustration, anger... everything that comes with change! but let me tell you... it has been WORTH IT!!!! when i stepped on the scale this morning and finally saw that 247, signalling that i had lost 50 whole pounds... it was like all the difficulties were forgotten. i love hearing someone tell me how great i look... or someone say how inspired they are to change their lifestyle too... or being able to fit into skinny jeans! i love it. and i just want to tell you that although right now it seems hard... just hold on... it gets MUCH easier and its so worth it! I"M NOT AT MY GOAL YET... in fact, i'm just 1/3 of the way there... and i'm sure it will be harder some days... but i have to remember how great success feels and know that whatever difficulty is just temporary. so keep on going!!! i'm rooting for yoU!!!

much love!

sylvia[/quote']

Thank you for this post...I really need it right now :) congrats on losing 50 lbs! That's my next goal. :)

You're a great inspiration, Sylvia. Keep up the great work!

Stephanie

thanks stephanie! thanks for all your support and help since i was banded! you're awesome! :)

Thank you for this post...I really need it right now :) congrats on losing 50 lbs! That's my next goal. :)

awesome girl! i'm glad to help encourage anyone i can... as i have received so much encouragement throughout the last few months! :)

keep up the good work and you will be there before you know it! :)