Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Is Everyone Doing?

Weight loss? Weight gain? Pain better? Exercising?

HI MSC. I am two weeks and one day post op and doing ok. The first few days were rough, but I made it through! Last night I got to eat with a fork! YAY! I am on the next stage of food so I am happy about that. According to the scale at the doctor I was down 14 lbs, but my home scale says 20. Let's go with the home scale!

I haven't been exercising yet, but looking forward to getting back to my routine. Just got a cold yesterday so have to push through that first.

Good deal. I'm two weeks out and doing well. Now that the gastric inflammation has subsided I can eat any and everything but I'm trying to stay focused and have weight loss instead of gaining before my fills. Continued good luck to all the August bandsters!

I had surgery on 8/22. At my first week follow-up I had already 14 lbs. I know that it wasn't all Water weight because today I was able to pull on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in over 2 years and couldn't get over my butt the week before surgery, woohoo lol! So I'm happy about that. I healed really well, thank goodness. No problems with incisions and no more pain! Like you, I can pretty much eat anything now, but I'm avoiding bread, sugary, and fatty foods and trying my best to drink enough water. Now I'm looking forward to my first fill on the 27th. Not only because of possible restriction, but because I don't have a scale at home yet and I'd like to see exactly where I am weight wise. But good luck to you too!

Hi people! I wanted to hear how everyone else was doing, too. I've had probably an unusual journey comparatively. Pre-surgery I was about 206. My pre-op diet was three days, so I don't know that I lost anything on that. My body is extremely resistant to weight loss, BTW. Surgery was on 8/20, when I got back the next day I was heavier, and the scale kept going up until I was 220. Mind you, I found myself able to eat just about anything, but I didn't haqve an appetite, and took in just enough to make my Protein. After about a week, I happened to get a stomach virus and seriously couldn't keep anything down for a week.

So 15 days after surgery and I'm about 214 - 216 and CRAZY over it. I started going down all of the sudden, and yesterday got to 204. Today, about 18 days post-op I was 206. Jeez, what a rollercoaster. Now that I can eat again, I'm pretty much just eating what I want, which is pretty good food, and my quantities are 1/2 to 1/3 of what they were. I'm taking in lots of fluids so if it is Fluid build up it will flush out. I love the feeling of being banded and the reduced emphasis on food. Very happy about my decision. I just wish my loss path was closer to what everyone else's has been.

Laura

Things are going good. I am losing but it is still a lot on will power but knowing that I get my second fill on October 18th helps a lot.

Hello!! Just wanted to see how everyone is doing. I've only lost 25 lbs and 2 sizes. Most of it was within my first month. I'm needing a buddy mentor.Can't wait to read your responses.

Hello!! Just wanted to see how everyone is doing. I've only lost 25 lbs and 2 sizes. Most of it was within my first month. I'm needing a buddy mentor. Email me Can't wait to read your responses.

I would remove your personal email from this thread and ask people to use the mail here on LBT. Last time I put my email here, I received all kinds of crazy spam in my inbox.

Thank you NWGirl!!!

I've been stuck for the past few weeks. I get my second fill on Thursday and looking forward to it!

I'm doing ok. I go back to the surgeon tomorrow. No fills yet but I had LB with plication. I think I've lost 26 since surgery, 36 since preop. My surgery was 8/10/12.

Pennie

My surgery was 8/1. I lost 30lbs before surgery and almost 34lbs since. I haven't needed any fills yet but I did have to have another surgery to remove my gallbladder on 10/5. All and all, I am extremely happy with my results so far! :D

So I had some stomach issues, not related to the band, and had to get an unfill. I thought I'd be upset about it, but I'm down 45lbs since surgery and get another fill on the 8th. I'm just so happy that the band is helping me lose so steadily.

hello, I just checked out this web site today. so far I am liking it. I am down 43 lbs since pre surgery. it has been just over two months. My dr. only allows us to eat Protein for the first 2 months. Is he the only dr who does this.

I'm loving my Lapband, I was banded on August 8, 2012 and have lost almost 69 pounds including the Pre-Op diet! How is everyone else doing? Any 2013 Goals?