Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Discouraged..

I was banned on 12/27/2011.. I've only lost 20 pounds. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to.. anyone have any ideas on what else i should do?

How often do you see your doctor? What has he/she said? How much fill do you have?

I go every six weeks I've had 4 fills currently 4.5cc.. I've asked if my low weight loss is normal and he always says it's a "slow process".. what size is a standard band?

The nutritionist tells me that losing slow is good. I am the turtle of lap band. That said, you have to stick with the process. Start the day with Protein. NO junk food. Exercise. Never, ever give up ;) .

I did not get good restriction until my band was almost half full. I drag my butt down to the gym, 30 minutes/5 times a week. Slow and steady wins the race.

I was losing ok, but stalled for a year. Had to have my Fluid removed and now getting fills again, but I've gained 35lbs lbs back, so I'm down only about 40lbs now and was banded 2 1/2 years ago! But I'm going to keep at it.

I have also played the slow race...this turtle has lost 84 pounds...size 24-26 Pre-surgery and I'm now just creeping into a size 12. I was banded Dec 21, 2010. I do have insurance and I chose to go slower with small fills. My last fill was in April. My next fill is on August 1st... I'm currently at 5.5cc. My surgeon really listens to me and helps me understand the red zone/green zone, and with that, he has hesitated on my last fill, for which I am glad he did not fill me. It takes a good surgeon to listen, assess, and make decisions based on my words, feelings, signals, etc. this time I know he will fill me. I'm not concerned about restriction. I do want to be able to eat my cup of food without getting hungry until my next meal.

weight.png

I just had a fill Thursday, on liquids and I'm still hungry after a bowl of broth! Thank you ladies for your input.. now i know I'm not the only one!

Every body is different, metabolism, types of food we eat, types of exercise, and age etc. I think my thyroid slows me down, just did blood work again to regulate it, he has decrease dosage, and age is also a factor, I am almost 60 with crunchy knees, can't get that hyper with the rest of the group. I am discouraged today because I have been working hard, and it might be humidity, but scales up 2 lbs for the last week... sigh.. I have 30 lbs to go, but things have slowed waaayyyy down in the loss dept.

That's great! I'm 30 yrs old,i walk 2 miles on the treadmill 5 days a week.. i just want to hit the sweet spot!

you will! and just keep pluging at it,, it will come off, and you will get even stronger

Well I was banded on 11/30 and am down only 30lbs. These last 3 months I have lost nothing probably due to summer and vacation and numerous other things that have made me want to want me to eat more. So I need to get back on the band wagon and get with the program. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey.

It sure seems like your fills are very small. I have only had two fills and I'm at 6cc filled in my 11cc band. But little to no what loss to report.

Well I was banded on 11/30 and am down only 30lbs. These last 3 months I have lost nothing probably due to summer and vacation and numerous other things that have made me want to want me to eat more. So I need to get back on the band wagon and get with the program. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey.

How much is in your band?

It sure seems like your fills are very small. I have only had two fills and I'm at 6cc filled in my 11cc band. But little to no what loss to report.

I thought i was at 4.5 but I'm actually at 5 in a standard band. I'm starting to feel restriction.. good luck to you.