Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was "banded" the 30th June and everyone in the June forum is going on about a one month anniversary- so I figured I'd join the "Julypians"... Like Olympians... Get it?

Anyway- its been 5 days since surgery, I'm from Perth, Western Australia. I had a good surgeon but am feeling what others seem to describe as "stuck" where food is just not going down so I am going from puréed foods back to liquids tomorrow.

I've already lost 3kg and recommend to anyone who is getting "the blues" like I did today to hop on the scales for some confirmation that you've made the right decision.

Anyway- I'm looking for some regular email contact with someone here who is sharing the same journey. I haven't told my friends about the surgery- just my parents. So an really lacking in support and encouragement.

Anyway- best of luck to everyone for your upcoming surgery and please let me know if you would be my buddy through this exciting and scary journey.

Emma xx

Hiya Lem! Congrats and welcome! Always great to see another starting this wonderful journey! You'll find buddies-a-plenty here!

hey lemm, welcome to the forum and to the banded world.

anytime you need to talk/vent or whatever, pm me or you can email me. We are all in there together. have a great day down under.

all the best

HI EMMA!!! <-----Old fat woman waving at Emma)

Listen, I am in Texas, USA but I am going to tell my hubby that you need me and I will be coming to Perth. And welcome, Emma!

Hi everyone! I am Lori. I am getting my band on July 18th. I am struggling with this pre-op diet but I am getting through! I have lost about 40lbs so far total since the beginning of April and my first nutrition class. When are you all going?

Hi everyone! I am Lori. I am getting my band on July 18th. I am struggling with this pre-op diet but I am getting through! I have lost about 40lbs so far total since the beginning of April and my first nutrition class. When are you all going?

Lori how r u doing I was banned on the 18th as well, gas pain has been the worst of it so far for me. Hope all is well with u.

I was "banded" the 30th June and everyone in the June forum is going on about a one month anniversary- so I figured I'd join the "Julypians"... Like Olympians... Get it?

Anyway- its been 5 days since surgery' date=' I'm from Perth, Western Australia. I had a good surgeon but am feeling what others seem to describe as "stuck" where food is just not going down so I am going from puréed foods back to liquids tomorrow.

I've already lost 3kg and recommend to anyone who is getting "the blues" like I did today to hop on the scales for some confirmation that you've made the right decision.

Anyway- I'm looking for some regular email contact with someone here who is sharing the same journey. I haven't told my friends about the surgery- just my parents. So an really lacking in support and encouragement.

Anyway- best of luck to everyone for your upcoming surgery and please let me know if you would be my buddy through this exciting and scary journey.

Emma xx[/quote']

Hi Emma same here only few family know so I'm here for the support from people that understand !!

Hello Emma!

I was just banded 3 days ago. I am still on liquids as you can imagine. I have told some people but no one really understands my decision which is why I am here!

Tamikia

Hi Emma, great to hear from another person from oz! I'm based in sydney, feel free to drop me an email if you want a chat.

I was banded on the 2nd of july. Ive been pretty fortunate that ive had 2 friends who have had the lapband, one a number of years ago and another who is a year in. They've been a great help, especially on how to handle social situations. I've also told a limited number of friends, mainly those who I go out with partying, dining etc to get them to understand I'm not really up for partying, eating or drinking at the moment, and I've got to be pretty careful food wise. I've also asked my parents to keep it to themselves and not tell my extended family. I've found that while most have been supportive, a few have been against it or just don't comprehend that this is a decision for me to optimise my health.

Hopefully your problem with the food and feeling stuck has now passed. I was on liquids for two full weeks post surgery, now on mashies, but find I've been going back to Protein shakes, despite being so sick of them on the pre op diet.

Hi guys, it's great to find some recently banded from Oz I am from NSW and was banded July 10th! I am almost 2 weeks post op and start mushies on Wednesday! So far I have lost 13kgs how is everyone else going? ;)