Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reheated Meats?

i know that my band will tolerate steak on the day it is prepared, but not the next day, i thought it was just cuz it was microwaved. well i tried to eat some chicken i reheated in the oven and nope!!! not happening. does anyone else have a problem with reheated meats? this could become and expensive problem..ugh

Reheated meat tends to be drier. Maybe that is the problem?

I definitely cannot digest dry meats of any kind, whether it is chicken, fish, or other meats. If it is not fresh and moist, I either have to figure out a way to make it moist again or move onto something else.

I have the same issue with reheated meats. If I have leftovers from dinner, I just eat them cold...not worth the hassle of getting stuck.

I usually reheat in a container that is microwave safe with a lid and leave it cracked a bit. It doesn't seem to dry it out as much. You can also put in a little chicken broth or beef broth into the bottom and I make sure that I cut the meat up before I heat it this way you don't have to cook it for as long.

I will also eat the leftover meat with something like cottage cheese, or a salad and kinda mix the two together and chew it well. I am at a pretty good restriction as well, so I am not wide open. You can mix it with black Beans also, or even a salsa that will help get some juices into the meat.

I am also really sensitive with the cuts of meat I can eat fresh such as , filet mignon, delmonico rib eyes etc..

I don't seem to tolerate other cuts of meat even fresh. Hopefully this helps!!

I agree with Pandora. meats, especially chicken, reheated are an enemy of my band. She(she because I deserve it) doesn't like them. I pay for it if I disobey my band.

Someone a few days ago said that with chicken she would add some chicken wing sauce to the chicken and it went down easier. There are some low cal, low carb wing sauces out there that are very good. Also, salsa is a good lubricant for some foods and it too is low carb, low cal.

tmf

I can only eat most meats on the day they are cooked and i makes life a little more difficult is all, i can get away with some chicken the next day if i cut it wafer thin .. the tirick is to get yourself an exceptionally sharp knife, like a Tomato knife and slice meat so u can almost see through it, do not cube it .. slicing cuts through the fibres of the muscles and the smaller they are the less likely u will stick on them :)

i know that my band will tolerate steak on the day it is prepared, but not the next day, i thought it was just cuz it was microwaved. well i tried to eat some chicken i reheated in the oven and nope!!! not happening. does anyone else have a problem with reheated meats? this could become and expensive problem..ugh

yep..lol.. me. im lucky my husband will have the meat in a sandwitch the next day.

Reheating is tricky. You were given some good tips. I also nuke food until it is barely warm to keep from drying out. Keep in a lidded cracked container when reheating to maintain some moisture. My biggest tip... I combine eat bite with a little cottage cheese. Goes down much better.

I had the same issue when I reheated some grilled shrimp. I was uncomfortable for hours after that. However, I did reheat some shredded beef that had been sitting in a lot of gravy, and it reheated very moist.

I had the same issue when I reheated some grilled shrimp. I was uncomfortable for hours after that. However' date=' I did reheat some shredded beef that had been sitting in a lot of gravy, and it reheated very moist.[/quote']

For some reason I was told I couldn't have shrimp after LB. ( by doctor's office staff). ????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

thanks everyone for the advice..i knew i could count on my LBT family to help me out. yeah i used to love shrimp, but my band doesnt like them..boooo

For some reason I was told I couldn't have shrimp after LB. ( by doctor's office staff). ????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

I think the reason they warn about shrimp is that people have a tendency to just put a whole shrimp in their mouth or in two big bites depending on the size of the shrimp. I have been told shrimp is fine just be sure to take small bites and chew.