Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wondering how long it took for the lap-banders to go back to work? My dr said that I only needed to take off a week so I did and tried going back to work today (post-op 7 days) and I only made it 2 hrs until I felt like I was going to pass out from exhaustion. I am on my feet for 9-10 hrs with only 30 min break. Just wondering how everyone else felt.

I run a restaurant. I had my surgery on a Tue, went to work for a few hours Thursday, worked a full shift Friday, and then had a conference that I flew to Vegas for Sun-Mon and a partial day again on Tue before going back full time.

I healed very rapidly and felt 100% after a few days. It seems like the most common time frame that people take off is 1-2 weeks. I did not have the option.

I'm a desk jockey and my surgeon recommended two weeks off. I took them and appreciated them. I cannot imagine being on my feet for 9-10 hours so soon after surgery!

I'm with SageTracey. I'm desk bound and have 2 weeks off. Coming to the end of the second week and am starting to look forward to going back to work but I know that if I was there this week, I'd be flagging by midday and needing to sleep. I work 25 miles from home so no opportunity to pop home for a nap. :)

I'm on my feet 10 hour shifts too and went back 7 days post op with no problems. Although due to my schedule I only worked a day then had 2 more days off. But I would have been fine, I feel I could've gone back sooner and my job involves bending and lifting dogs. I limited the dogs to 25 lb til like 3 weeks post op then I gave no restriction

Just wondering how long it took for the lap-banders to go back to work? My dr said that I only needed to take off a week so I did and tried going back to work today (post-op 7 days) and I only made it 2 hrs until I felt like I was going to pass out from exhaustion. I am on my feet for 9-10 hrs with only 30 min break. Just wondering how everyone else felt.

I had surgery on a Friday and went back to wk the following Thursday. I was ok at work but definitely not 100% it took another 5 days or so until I felt 100% so I guess it just depends on how demanding you job is :/

I too went back to work after 7 days and ohhhh what a mistake that was. I felt fine until about 2 hours into an 8 hour shift. I work in a retail pharmacy which requires no heavy lifting but, a lot of bending and constant walking. I had no problems with gas but, experienced some horrible shoulder pains and broke out into a towel ringing sweat. I had never experienced anything like that in my life. I seriously thought I might be having a heart attack and was deathly afraid. Needless to say, I had to take off another week. Turns out the shoulder pain wasnt gas or a heart attack. It was a result of radiating abdominal pain according to the doctor. I was just relieved when the EKG came back clear.

i am having my surgery on a wed morning and scheduled to go to work the following tuesday. i work at a desk (on pc/phones)...so i am hoping i can get back to work in that time frame. my dr said i should be able to. keeping fingers crossed.