Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tall Boots/fat Calves??

Okay, I've read quite a few of the "skinny bucket lists" on here and notice that alot of you, like me, want to lose weight so we can wear sexy tall boots. Well here I sit, less than 30 lbs from my goal...and as of a month ago I tried on a pair and it still wasn't happening! *sad face* With only 30 lbs left to go I don't know how much of that can possibly come from my calves. Is there people at their goal who still can't wear them? Sheesh, are my calves really that fat? I assumed that any 150 lb girl whose an 8/10 like I should/hopefully will be would be able to wear tall boots!

Nope, I cannot wear boots that are over the calf. Never could, still can't. The DO make wide calf boots. But I don't like to mail order shoes, and most of them start at a size 7, I wear a 6.

That's sad I wanted to wear them too!

Gosh, how sad! I know I've seen the wide ones...but they just don't seem as cute and there isn't nearly the variety. Oh well...luckily there are enough other wonderful things about being smaller that I *guess* I will survive even if I never get to wear them!

That's sad I wanted to wear them too!

Maybe you'll be able to! Maybe we both will :)

I'm close to my goal weight and still can't wear them unless they have stretch to them!

I've never tried them, buti know they make a thing you can zip into the normal size boots to widen the calf area.

I've always carried my weight all over. So back in the 80s when it was cool to wear pants tucked into boots, I was left out. And again now, I watch my BFF wearing her skinny jeans tucked in and say, "grrrrr!"

Oh well, 'twasn't meant to be, for me. But you still have 30 to go, here's hoping!

We are all built so different I guess we just have to accept a few things here and there that don't work for us. I will never be able to wear a spaghetti strap shirt or dress in public because my skin is so bad on my arms. I don't really want to bother with plastic surgery and the cost. I have never had calves that were large, but have always had trouble with any style of boots because my insteps are very high so my foot won't even go in the boot. Oh well, such is life ..... there are plenty of other cute clothes and shoes I can wear now! :)

I've never tried them, buti know they make a thing you can zip into the normal size boots to widen the calf area.

Oh wow, I might have to look into this, thanks!

We are all built so different I guess we just have to accept a few things here and there that don't work for us. I will never be able to wear a spaghetti strap shirt or dress in public because my skin is so bad on my arms. I don't really want to bother with plastic surgery and the cost. I have never had calves that were large, but have always had trouble with any style of boots because my insteps are very high so my foot won't even go in the boot. Oh well, such is life ..... there are plenty of other cute clothes and shoes I can wear now! :)

Yes, there are plenty of cute clothes to wear! My other goal is to buy a ridiculously expensive jeans...and no fat calves are gonna keep me from doing that when the time comes!

www.bootband.com

I have that issue....hopefully will be able to wear them when. I do love the "slouchy boots" too and they are generally looser....I got a really cute pair of motorcycle type beige leather boots recently that are awesome. Celebrate all the other ways you are smaller....some people just have muscular calves no matter their weight!

I would like to know who is the ONE person in the world who can actually wear boots, lol?

At 5ft 10 and a size 8 I can easily zip boots up and over my jeans and wear them that way.

But boots with leggings or boots with a skirt/dress? No way. My skinny stick legs look ridiculous. those same legs that look amazing in a short skirt and high heels (yeah, the life of a 44 year old mother teacher calls for that sort of attire every day, not) look stupid in boots. I look like I've but my galoshes on and am going out to work on the farm. I dont think I have skinny calves. They look normal to me. But boots are all huuuuuuge.

I did find one pair - a stretch pair, that hug my calves.

There's probably as many of us out tehre that suffer with the gumboots syndrome as those of you frustrated by having shapely calves that are too big for boots.

Never mind, its all ankle boots this season!

We are all made so differently. My sister has never been over 115lbs and can't wear tall boats crazy