Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Very Down...ready To Cry....

Hello Im 16 days post op....

Befor surgery I had lost 50 lbs just watching portion size and calories with my Drs help.

On the 2 week pre diet I lost 14lbs....now since being banded I have not really lost .

Maybe 3 lbs...I exersize every day walking 2 plus miles some days and tred mill 45 mins other days and doing zumba.. I get 64 0z of Water in easy....I am eatting mushies and I know I eat more then a 1/2 cup at each meal...but Im making smart choices. I am starving come meal times. I dont snack between meals. Im really feeling I did so much better before being banded....In the 6 months leading up to now I always had good weight loss....I dont see the surgen till the 15...any one have any ideas.....please...

Don't worry about weight loss right now. You are healing from surgery and before that you were probably on a liquid diet. The 15th is only a few days away. Don't stress, just keep doing what you're doing. You'll be okay!

There are people who actually gain the first month, so please don't stress. These first 4-6 weeks post op are for healing not losing weight.

It gets a lot easier once you can eat real food and have a fill or two. It'll come just be patient with yourself.

Hang in there, you're doing great :)

is it possible to move your appt up to discuss your feelings? hang in there!

Hello Im 16 days post op....

Befor surgery I had lost 50 lbs just watching portion size and calories with my Drs help.

On the 2 week pre diet I lost 14lbs....now since being banded I have not really lost .

Maybe 3 lbs...I exersize every day walking 2 plus miles some days and tred mill 45 mins other days and doing zumba.. I get 64 0z of Water in easy....I am eatting mushies and I know I eat more then a 1/2 cup at each meal...but Im making smart choices. I am starving come meal times. I dont snack between meals. Im really feeling I did so much better before being banded....In the 6 months leading up to now I always had good weight loss....I dont see the surgen till the 15...any one have any ideas.....please...

From what I have read, it is normal to gain a bit when you go back to eating real food again. It seems that you are doing the proper things to follow the protocol...one additional thought to consider is that with exercise, you build muscle, which burns more calories to maintain. Muscle is also heavier than fat...so your level of fitness may be increasing your muscle mass, which is good.

I was banded around the same time as you were, and I have just started "mushies"...I promised myself to make good food choices, and not weigh myself every day. Just stay focused on compliance with what I am supposed to be doing.

Going through the banding surgery has some additional psychological impact on us as well...you may be experiencing this. You are just a few days away from your appointment to see your doctor...try not to obsess about the weight, remain compliant, and then discuss your concerns with the doctor.

Good luck, and keep your focus on the reward of improved health!

This is Normal in the Healing Process. I gained weight, and was told it was Fluid protecting the injured area, and it would come of.

I thought the Dr. was crazy, but,,, he was rite on the money. Your only job now is to heal.

The weight loss will start eventually. Once it really starts to come of, theres no stopping it.

You came this far ! So give yourself a full blown chance.

A pound is a pound is a pound. Muscle and fat and feathers and lead .... All weigh a pound.

Yes a pound is a pound, however no one is speaking pounds but rather volume.

A cup of muscle will weigh more than a cup of fat. Just like a cup of lead will weigh more than a cup of feathers.

This is why people can lose inches but not weight, because they are replacing the fat with muscle. In fact, this is why they sometimes will even show a pound or two increase when they start working out despite the fact they're shrinking in inches.

Muscle weighs more than fat. It's a fact.

It was not until 6-7 months after the surgery, having 3 fills, etc, finding my "groove" and being in the Green Zone, did I honestly say "I am NOW OFFICIALLY a bandster and can now truley start my weight loss journey.

Everything leading up to that point was just post-op healing, then a time of adjusting and learning.

You have recently just had the surgery. I'm not trying to discourage you, but to be brutally honest, and something all newbies need to know, is that you still have a way to go.

All you can do now ids folow your Dr,'s directions, and continue to diet the old fashion way untill that day comes.

Hang in there. Take it from someone who succeded and met their goal in 12 months....IT WILL COME.

Thank you all for your advice and thoughts...

Im not giving up....just had a bump in the road this morning...thanks all for caring...

Dee...

Don't get discouraged. My fiance and I both have the band and we both went through the same thing. My bandiversary is wednesday and I've lost 77 pounds so far. My fiance has been banded almost a month and he's lost 30. Hang in there, the weight loss will come!

The same thing happened to me Dee. I was banded on January 31, 2012 and still learning every day. Most of us tend to gain a few lbs. from the surgery and IV fluids. I weighed about 5 lbs. more. I managed to lose that and literally stayed at the same weight for the next month. I got my first fill (btw, did not hurt at all!) last Monday (3/5) and the scale is moving again - so excited, finally. I know it is hard to be patient, but they say it will happen for us...... Good Luck!

Don't get discouraged. My fiance and I both have the band and we both went through the same thing. My bandiversary is wednesday and I've lost 77 pounds so far. My fiance has been banded almost a month and he's lost 30. Hang in there, the weight loss will come!

Happy Bandiversary !