Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today I crossed over to the other side and I am banded!!! I had to be here by 830 the surgeon fit me in today so I was his only surgery! Yay! It took a little under 2 hours and idk y, I know I had a hernia fix too. I do not have any gas pains right now *crosses fingers I dont get them* but I did have incision pain but it seems to be good now.my dr made me stay overnight because my oxygen lvl went down I low. Bored and ready to go home. My kitten also had hernia fix today as well. Just ice chips today...ugh lol myopathy and throat are soooooo dry. I have the massagers on my legs for no blood clots and the big ace bandage thing around my tummy which makes it feel better! All in all not a bad day I'd def do it all over again!

Hope you recover well and welcome to the 'other side ' .. now comes the hard work :)

Yay, how exciting! Sounds like things are going well so far. Hope you have a speedy, smooth recovery!

Whoo hoo get ready to begin the work! Let's do this!

So today I crossed over to the other side and I am banded!!! I had to be here by 830 the surgeon fit me in today so I was his only surgery! Yay! It took a little under 2 hours and idk y, I know I had a hernia fix too. I do not have any gas pains right now *crosses fingers I dont get them* but I did have incision pain but it seems to be good now.my dr made me stay overnight because my oxygen lvl went down I low. Bored and ready to go home. My kitten also had hernia fix today as well. Just ice chips today...ugh lol myopathy and throat are soooooo dry. I have the massagers on my legs for no blood clots and the big ace bandage thing around my tummy which makes it feel better! All in all not a bad day I'd def do it all over again!

wow.. so its over with.... and this is really encouraging. by the way... how did your kitten go with its hernia fixed??

They said kitty came through okay to, hopefully when they send me home we can stop and get him so we can lay around together all day! It's 3am and 77 degrees in this room, they had to call maintanence ugh.....I didn't lose any weight during my 6 month pre op but while waiting for my date I stuck to my preop diet and lost 20 lbs!!!! I started at 282 and now am at 262! Any questions feel free to ask and I can tell you anything about my experience. Woohoo!

They said kitty came through okay to, hopefully when they send me home we can stop and get him so we can lay around together all day! It's 3am and 77 degrees in this room, they had to call maintanence ugh.....I didn't lose any weight during my 6 month pre op but while waiting for my date I stuck to my preop diet and lost 20 lbs!!!! I started at 282 and now am at 262! Any questions feel free to ask and I can tell you anything about my experience. Woohoo!

are you still in the hospital then?? not getting much sleep by the sounds of it.. its nearly 8pm here in australia. thats pretty hot for you...goodness me. no wonder you arent sleeping.

im so glad to hear that your kittie is o.k. is it a girl?? whats its name?? i have a cat and love her to death. lol.

thats just so exciting about your weight loss. are you seeing much diference yet? i imagine you would be though... thats a lot. how long were you on your pre op diet? was it very strict? icant quite remember your posts, although im sure i did read them.

The kitty is a boy Siamese cat, he is at his kitty hospital and I'm at the people hospital still....lmao I typed that as if I was explaining it to my 4 yo again sorry guess it's a habit now. It 5 am here now. My preop diet was for 4 weeks and I did really good on it besides 3-4 times were major cheats:( it was hard. I really can't see a difference I'm hoping I will soon though! My kitty had to stay for 2 days do I'm hoping when they release me today I can swing by and get him from the animal hospital. His name I jinx. Right now I'm waiting ony dr to come so he can say I can go!

The kitty is a boy Siamese cat, he is at his kitty hospital and I'm at the people hospital still....lmao I typed that as if I was explaining it to my 4 yo again sorry guess it's a habit now. It 5 am here now. My preop diet was for 4 weeks and I did really good on it besides 3-4 times were major cheats:( it was hard. I really can't see a difference I'm hoping I will soon though! My kitty had to stay for 2 days do I'm hoping when they release me today I can swing by and get him from the animal hospital. His name I jinx. Right now I'm waiting ony dr to come so he can say I can go!

...how gorgeous. i just love Siamese cats. they are so intelligent and have lots of character. so you had a 4 week pre op diet?? crikey.. lol. i reckon it would be hard with me as well. im not sure yet what my pre op will be. i imagine you are home now... how is kitty doing?? and how are you doing??

Well I'm home now, kitty and I are doing good! I have soreness around my incisions but other then that it's not to bad. Went to arundal mills mall today and we walked for a long while, got a new purse and a couple pandora beads!!! I can only eat a little I'm excited for my new life changes. Hope all the feb bandsters are doing well! And welcome all the march bandsters!!

I was banded on the 29th as well had to arrive at 6:15am was banded around 8:15am in recover for 2 hrs and then in my room by 12pm. My Dr. requires a overnight observation stay which was nice. I was discharged on 3/1 at 10am and i couldn't wait to get home. I'm having trouble getting the 60gms of Protein but i think each day will get easier. My gas pain really annoys me and it surprises me that it hurts worse then my 4 incisions. But in the end I am 100% happy with my choice.

I was banded on the 29th as well had to arrive at 6:15am was banded around 8:15am in recover for 2 hrs and then in my room by 12pm. My Dr. requires a overnight observation stay which was nice. I was discharged on 3/1 at 10am and i couldn't wait to get home. I'm having trouble getting the 60gms of Protein but i think each day will get easier. My gas pain really annoys me and it surprises me that it hurts worse then my 4 incisions. But in the end I am 100% happy with my choice.

I had mine done the day after you luvbug. Gas is getting better. Been taking the gas ex I committed myself to two Protein shakes today. 30 gr each. They say it helps healing. I'm pretty sore I had two hernias fixed. 6 holes. Still need help getting up. Can't wait to not hurt.

Good luck to you.