Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BANDED 11/29/10, ONLY LOST 10 LBS....WTH...

I am getting so frustrated with only having lost 10 lbs...I flop from 201-203 on a regular basis. I have 2 fills so far, and my band has 4.5 cc's in it...Its very discouraging to think i went through the surgery and i should have at least lost 20 lbs by now, at least. Others that were banded with me the same day, have lost well over 25 lbs. :(

I eat my Protein first always, 3 meals a day...drinking Water, , and even started walking...I did Zumba for a month and gave myself tendonitis in my hip and knee and ankle from trying so dagg hard...lol....

Very frustrated...

Are you logging your daily calories? If not you need to. If your not writing down everything you eat then it's hard to know how many calories a day you are really getting.

Log everything you eat. Often times we *think* we're eating half decent foods with half decent calories when in fact we are overeating. You'll need to take steps to take charge of things. Start tracking everything you eat. Exercise on a routine, i'd say daily, basis. The weight isn't just going to come off if you eat less; it doesn't work like that. You need to burn more calories than what you eat.

Also for your own sanity stop comparing your loss to others. No two people on these boards will lose the same amount of weight; no one.

I can't blame you for being frustrated! I agree with the other posters that you should food journal and see if you can get an accurate picture of how many calories you are taking in. Start there and see if there is anything that can be changed there.

Also, have you ever considered using a bodybugg? I have one and am loving it. It tracks how many calories I burn and I journal everything so I can always make sure I have a calorie deficit.

Best wishes to you.... I hope the scale starts moving for you soon.

Along with journaling your food intake, I'd suggest getting a food scale. I have one that's really meant for weighing packages, but I can put a plate on it, turn it on and it will zero out (tarn) and then whatever Protein I put on the plate, I know the weight.

My doctor suggests 3oz of Protein and 1/2 cup of veggies. 1/2 cup of veggies can weigh anywhere from 3 to 5oz, depending on it's density.

If you don't want to use a scale.. 3oz of protein is about the size of a deck of cards (all 3 dimensions) or the palm of your hand. 1/2 cup of veggies is about the size of a tennis ball or a large serving spoonful (not restaurant size, but home).

If Zumba isn't your thing, try walking, swimming, bike riding. Even hanging clothes on a clothesline is exercise. leave the clothes in a basket at one end and make yourself go back for each piece. Can't hang out clothes? Take things from the dryer one at a time and put away. Live where you use a Laundramat? Ok.. get the stuff to the apartment, leave the basket in the Living room and carry things one item at a time to the bedroom.

I've been known to do lunges across my kitchen to put away silverware. Do squats or heel raises while on hold on the phone. Fidget. ANY movement will burn more calories.

Or go back to Zumba and find an AquaZumba class.. or Zumba Gold (lower impact). Yoga is good, so is Pilates. It can take a while to find what works for you. I understand, I got overly enthusiastic a year ago and did too many bootcamps in a row and hurt my knee. Took a while for it to get better enough for me to do one again. You might benefit from finding a trainer who specializes in bariatric patients. Those people do exist. Here's one in San Antonio, TX (yes, I know you're not in TX) http://www.jk-fit.com/ Maybe they could help you find someone like that in your area.

Hang in there.. it really should get better. :)

Oh.. the bodybugg is a good idea. Also consider a Polar Heart Rate Monitor or a Fitbit or BodyMedia. All good options to help you more accurately determine what you're burning.

Yea, start counting calories, and measuring your food. That is the only logical reason you aren't losing weight! 900-1200 calories a day.

I was banded on 11/30, only a day later than you, and lost 10 lbs. pre-op and 20 post. I have been stuck at the same

weight for about 6 weeks, have only had one fill so I am hoping with my next one I will get more restriction. I am

frustrated as well but I think that's my own fault. I really haven't been exercising with any regularity and not sticking

to the plan, so I am resolving to start over and get with the program.

Don't get frustrated because every single person lose weight at a different rate. Always remember that you did not gain your weight in one day or even a month. Just be constant with Portion Control and doing so type of workout. Find something that you enjoy doing and stick with it or change things up if your are easily bored by the same things. I really don't write down my food or count calories like a lot of other people have suggested you to do. Maybe that works for them, but honestly, I don't have time for all of that. I just make sure that I cut my portions in half whenI do eat and I drink as much Water as possible. You want to eat your Protein first , veggies, and so on it you have room.

Please don't judge your success based on the things you read or see about other people on this site. Each person on here have a different story and no one story is the same. (We are all different and our bodies are too)!

Just stay focused and be honest with yourself daily. I know when I have good or bad days with my food choices, therefore I can work really hard not to make the same errors the next day. You just need to figure out how to make your band work for you. Don't give up because all of this was not for nothing.

Good luck and it will kick in before you realize it. Don't focus so much on the scales- pay more attention to your inches lost and how your clothes are fitting you. Remember if you are working out muscles weigh more than fat and the scales may change due to your body structure changing.

On this site you will get so much input, you just have to figure out what's best for you. :)

WOW!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPSONSES....IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONLY OUT THERE STRUGGLING....

I would love to food journal and weigh my food, i just don't have enough time during the day to do so...i do find however that i know the portion sizes by judging it from my hand....I am just so busy working and juggling sports with my son, that i am always running around...i do find that i am not staying full as long as i thought i should be....certain foods do get stuck on me, so i chew even slower bites....and take my time...

i have 4.5 cc's in there right now, and going again in like 3 weeks for the additional visit. i am walking because i bascially zumba-sized myself into tendonitis and can't do it anymore :( but i do alot of other stuff around the house and the walking everynite helps...little by little...

what do you guys have through out the day, sometimes i get stuck on what to eat...especially when i am at work..so many food choices and just don't know what to have....

again thanks you guys for being there!!!:D

WOW!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPSONSES....IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONLY OUT THERE STRUGGLING....

I would love to food journal and weigh my food, i just don't have enough time during the day to do so...i do find however that i know the portion sizes by judging it from my hand....I am just so busy working and juggling sports with my son, that i am always running around...i do find that i am not staying full as long as i thought i should be....certain foods do get stuck on me, so i chew even slower bites....and take my time...

i have 4.5 cc's in there right now, and going again in like 3 weeks for the additional visit. i am walking because i bascially zumba-sized myself into tendonitis and can't do it anymore :( but i do alot of other stuff around the house and the walking everynite helps...little by little...

what do you guys have through out the day, sometimes i get stuck on what to eat...especially when i am at work..so many food choices and just don't know what to have....

again thanks you guys for being there!!!:D

There's a thread with some examples posted already:

http://www.lapbandta...-12-months-out/

I wish I could tell you what I ate over the weekend, but it is totally unrepresentative of my usual intake. You see, I ran in a race Saturday and then my dh and I took the opportunity to spend the night out of town and ate out a bunch. I didn't eat much at any one meal, but the things I ate weren't "normal" for me.

Hopefully some others will be able to respond.

Walking is great exercise. That's all the exercise I did to lose my first 100lbs. If the Zumba class you were taking is too vigorous, look for Zumba gold (low impact) or AquaZumba (Zumba done in the water). Hang in there!!