Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I should NEVER have carbonated beverages as the CO2 bubble can stretch the stomach. Soooooo, as I enjoy a good beer, any options? For example, any non-carbonated beer? How about Guiness - I think they use low levels of Nitrogen instead of carbonation. Any other ideas?

well... I would say you could pour your beer into a glass. That would get rid of some of the carbination, then you could maybe stir it around a little to release more carbination and let it go a little flat. Altho.... flat beer???? Ick! Beer was meant to be cold and carbonated!

I know I should NEVER have carbonated beverages as the CO2 bubble can stretch the stomach. Soooooo, as I enjoy a good beer, any options? For example, any non-carbonated beer? How about Guiness - I think they use low levels of Nitrogen instead of carbonation. Any other ideas?

My Friend, there are simply better things in life than Beer.

one of those things is :

Red Wine

or

Port Wine.

Guiness is the only beer I have found not to have carbonation. For me, it's a little strong. I prefer to stick with vodka if I'm going to have a drink.

I miss beer.

I don't have much more to add than that :) Luckily, I also adore red wine so I'll live.

Yep, me too. I REALLY miss my beer. I also enjoy wine but it just not the same as beer. I have not attempted the Guiness, maybe I will give that a shot but WOW...that is a lot of calories. I knew giving up beer would be the HARDEST thing for me after this surgery. Food....no problem. Beer....not so much. :)

Michelle

Yep, me too. I REALLY miss my beer. I also enjoy wine but it just not the same as beer. I have not attempted the Guiness, maybe I will give that a shot but WOW...that is a lot of calories. I knew giving up beer would be the HARDEST thing for me after this surgery. food....no problem. Beer....not so much. :)

Michelle

I'm with ya that's probably going to be the most difficult thing I love Beer with Flavor so it's gonna be tough.

I see Dr. Malley at the Malley Surgical Center in Kansas City.

He doesn't buy into carbonation stretching the pouch. He said if you poured it in a baggie and closed it up it wouldn't stretch out the baggie, so why would it stretch out your stomach?

I am NOT NOT NOT telling anyone to ignore drs. orders, it is just another viewpoint.

I have not drank beer yet...But I have had soda and wine coolers and i felt no problems...

I just had a fill today under fluroscopy and the doctor said my pouch looks wonderful better then the day I was banded.

Now I dont drink soda or wine that much maybe 1 time a month and never more then one so with that said judge for yourself if it is worth it or not...

Since loosing my weight, I get a buzz on real quick, like 1/2 a drink. I don't do beer, either. But, I have had tequila. Oof! it hit me real quick. And it was the worst hangover I have had in 43 years! Be careful. You will not be able to drink what you could when you were heavier. Karen(kll724)

Now I want an ice cold beer!!!! LOL! I was told if I could tolerate the gas, I could have some carbonation on special occasions. Saturday is a special occasion....right? Not sure if I am going to try or not, but a girl can dream.....MMMMMM......BEEER!!

I drink beer. Sometimes it gives me the hiccups, which is embarrassing while drinking an adult beverage. I've been banded 3 years on Tuesday. I had an upper GI last September, my pouch is fine. I don't chug it, but liquids don't stay in the pouch.

Follow your doctor's orders, though.

Since loosing my weight, I get a buzz on real quick, like 1/2 a drink. I don't do beer, either. But, I have had tequila. Oof! it hit me real quick. And it was the worst hangover I have had in 43 years! Be careful. You will not be able to drink what you could when you were heavier. Karen(kll724)

Yeah that happens to me too....

My Friend, there are simply better things in life than Beer.

one of those things is :

Red Wine

or

Port Wine.

Not if you're a beer connoisseur!!:Banane34: BEER ROCKS!!!