Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying to make a list, can you help?

I'm trying to make a list of foods to buy before my surgery for AFTER my surgery. What brand/flavor of Protein Shake? How much do you typically eat/drink for a meal & how many times a day? Just trying to figure out what to buy and how much. Thanks for the help!

I drink Myoplex lite shakes. 20 gms of protien. You can get them by the case at Sams or in packs of 4 at Walmart. I drank 3 a day for the first week post op. Good luck on your journey!

I'm trying to make a list of foods to buy before my surgery for AFTER my surgery. What brand/flavor of Protein shake? How much do you typically eat/drink for a meal & how many times a day? Just trying to figure out what to buy and how much. Thanks for the help!

I agree with everyone on the Myoplex Lite. I like the Choc and vanilla. You need 3-4 a day. It adds up, but they taste WAY better than the blender kind. Or there is Isopure "juice" like stuff that they sell at GNC for something different. Also chicken broth or bullion, sugar free popsicles, and if you are aloud maybe get Tomato Soup or butternut squash Soup (if you are on full liquids)

Also don't forget your Vitamins, it took me a while to find all of those in chewable form. Also I'd get liquid Tylenol, and a heating pad if you don't have one. and TONS of Water.

I don't remember the brand... it might be Campbells. But I highly recommend the bean with bacon Soup. I put it in the blender and it just had some really great flavor. I was getting tired of all of the cream of chicken type Soups.< /p>

For ready to drink from costco Premier chocolate is quite good. For making Protein Powder I highly recommend the Hamilton Beach personal blender; $15 at Walmart/Target the blender cup is like a travel mug so you can make it and take with you. liquid Tylenol. MRS Dash to add to broth and creamy Soup.< /p>

I really like the Unjury brand shakes, you can only get them online. I have the myoplex lite in my fridge and even though they were good, I liked the unjury better, so it looks like those may end up in the garbage as I am past liquids and my dr. doesn't want me having liquid calories.

I liked the Unjury chicken Soup for a Protein change of pace... I tried a lot of different brands of protein powder liked Click's mocha flavor the best... Isopure drinks in fruit punch and grape... and the same as some others said broth, SF popsicles, etc... and the heating pad is a MUST!!!!

I think everyone's recommendations for shakes are great. One thing I found after surgery was that all the sweet shakes ... I use to love them before but after... Couldn't stand all the sweet Protein so I hadto find other Protein. I bought Proti Diet soups...they were gross but helped me get away from the sweet stuff. Bottom line? Get yourself some variety.

Good luck and speedy recovery!

One think that saved me was Gas-X Strips. I used them as the box stated whether I needed them or not. Needless to say, I didn't have the terrible gas pain that many people complain about. Also, make sure you have some Adult Strength liquid Tylenol on hand. If the hospital doesn't provide you with a pill crusher, you will need one of those too.

As for food, EAS Myoples Protein drinks in chocolate and strawberry, broth, sugar-free Jello, and sugar-free popsicles. Flavored Water is good if you do not like tap Water. Also, I enjoyed Crystal Light Lemon Tea.

Grab yourself some good movies or books to pass the time at home. Otherwise, your main focus will be on food.

Good luck on your journey!!

I got for me

myoplex - 42gr of Protein

chicken broth

Cream of chicken

sugar free Popsicles

Water

Tylenol liquid

Heating pad

Gas x

Crystal light (raspberry ice is really good)

And I think that was it

Hope it helps!!!!

I don't remember the brand... it might be Campbells. But I highly recommend the bean with bacon Soup. I put it in the blender and it just had some really great flavor. I was getting tired of all of the cream of chicken type Soups.

Yes it is good! I also like butternut squash and Tomato

I got for me

myoplex - 42gr of Protein

chicken broth

Cream of chicken

sugar free Popsicles

Water

Tylenol liquid

Heating pad

Gas x

Crystal light (raspberry ice is really good)

And I think that was it

Hope it helps!!!!

You'd get the regular Myoplex? I always did the lite. The regular had sooo many calories. But yes to everything else!

I rarely did Protein drinks after surgery. In fact I recently gave away a nearly full canister of powder that I used once or twice. I didn't worry about Protein during my refeeding time. However, my doctor has his patients back on regular food in two weeks. If I had to go a longer time before being back on solids, I might be more worried about protein intake.

I lived on Campbells Bean with Bacon Soup, thinned with 1/2 can of chicken broth and blenderized. sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles, chicken broth, beef broth, yogurts. Other campbells Soups too, but bean w/bacon was my favorite.

Bariatriceating.com has a recipe for white chicken chili that is out of this world. I made it as is for the family and put mine in the blender.

When you get to the mushy stage.....I bought boxes and boxes of Instant oatmeal and cream of wheat...they were perfect because it's already measured and you just have to add 1/2 cup of milk or your choice of liquid.