Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weightloss before first fill?

I was really just curious about something. How much should one expect to lose prior to the first fill? I will have my first fill on Dec. 13th and I've lost 12lbs. YAY! Am I on track or no (if I was banded on Nov. 5th)? If any of you "band seniors" could help shed a little light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi! Well I can say from a comparison (i was banded Nov 9 and go for fill Dec 9),.that I have lost about the same-12lbs. I feel pretty good about it, especially now being on the mushies stage! I really look forward to a bit more restriction and eating real food :) Most of my loss so far was pre-op diet related where I ditched 34lbs. Good job so far and Happy Thankgiving!!!!

I'm post-op day 7 and I've lost 12.5lb as of this AM. I still have no hunger or cravings. My stomach will rumble and roll telling me I need to eat something. I'm getting about 500-700calories, but I have to make myself eat them. I'm on mushies since Day 4. I eat about 1/4C or less at meals: Coco Wheats for Breakfast, 4oz cottage cheese thruout day, 4oz Activia yogurt thruout day, f/f refried Beans w/greek yogurt, taco sauce and shredded cheddar or Soup for dinner. I force myself to swallow 4-6oz of Protein bullet diluted with some Water. I hope this lapse in hunger lasts awhile. My first fill will not be till last week of Dec.

Congrats on your progress!!

One shouldn't expect to lose any weight that one doesn't work to lose.

Ones fills do not make one lose weight. One eating right and exercising makes ones lose the weight.

I was banded on Oct 19th and will go for my first fill on Nov 30th. Surgery day I was 276 and I am now at 248. I've lost 28 lbs so far! Woo hoo!

Everyone will be different because we need to lose different amounts of weight. My stats are 270.0lbs the morning of surgery, 246.0lbs as of this morning. I was banded on 10/25 so it have been a month for me :) I have my next appointment on 12/1, not sure if I will be having a fill yet or not.

Congratulations, you are doing great!!

I am so upset to hear all this, I mean I am happy for you all, but I have only dropped about 12lbs. I still get hungry in fact I was hungry about 4 days after the surgery. I am exercising, but I guess i could do more, I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I wish I could have that satiety like I had after surgery. Do you guys get hurgry or no?

I am so upset to hear all this, I mean I am happy for you all, but I have only dropped about 12lbs. I still get hungry in fact I was hungry about 4 days after the surgery. I am exercising, but I guess i could do more, I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I wish I could have that satiety like I had after surgery. Do you guys get hurgry or no?

I am down about the same as you. At my doctor visit post-op, I lost 10 lbs, I am now 11 days post-op and I imagine if anything, I've lost another pound. 3500 calories is one pound, so you have to eat that much less per pound you lose. Even if you're eating only around 1000 calories a day, your deficit is probably only 1500 calories per day. You can't expect to lose much more than a pound or two a week, unless your caloric needs are very very high.

I am glad that whatever I lose will be fat, not muscle. When you are in starvation mode, your body will feed off muscle for Protein.

Moreover, I tell myself that as long as I am going down, not up, this is a victory. We'll all get there eventually. It's not a race.

Yes, I am starting to get hungry. But I find that it is definitely taking me longer to get hungry than pre-op. I can go all morning on 1/4-1/2 c. cottage cheese, which certainly was impossible before.

Sounds like you are on track! I have had one fill so far, another next week and it has been SLOW going. Before my first fill I had a really rough time!

had my banding on oct 22 2010. only down 13 lbs .scale has not moved in about 3 wks .don't know what to do. i am so down

Congrats on your progress!!

One shouldn't expect to lose any weight that one doesn't work to lose.

Ones fills do not make one lose weight. One eating right and exercising makes ones lose the weight.

One could really laugh at ones description of ones eating rules!

LMAO:D

I am like you. Hungry and it feels like I have not had anything done. I am sure it will get better for both of us.