Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just an update for those that have been following my story...i went for my assesment this weekend...the doctor checked my hair...skin ...nail...esphogaus (sp)...teeth..and anal for damage...i have not done any internal damage...my hair is weak... i got an Iron shot..my toe nails did fall off and my skin is getting better...she was amazed at how many doctors have failed me...i don't place blame on them...i wasn't telling them the truth...i was even prescribed laxatives by my doctor (not the band surgeon) when the over the counter laxatives just weren't strong enuff...i have an idividual counsler and i go to 2 support groups...i go to a support group for over-eaters...they feel the over-weight girl needs to b healed and figure out why she over-ate in the 1st place...they r taking me back in time...they r bringing "her" back to the surface...when i walk in2 those meetings...the ladies...look at me look...huh???...what is she doing in here??? they just see my thin shell...they don't c the girl that lives inside this body...i was asked by one of the girls if i was there to motivate everyone...i said "no...don't b fooled by what u c...i haven't always looked like this"...i exercised with an over-weight woman...when we were finished i held her and cried...she probably thinks i'm crazy....but it was me i was holding...then i go to support meetings with under-weight ladies...they r much more angry...mad that they r there...most of them are not there by choice...in denial and not very friendly...the staff and my counsler r going to treat the over-eater and the bulimec/aneroxic...then they r going to merge them...how long will it take...i don't know...how hard will it b...i don't know...all i know is i'm going to get better...i've received so many messages from all of u in supportive of my well-being and recovery...thank u all so much...

She never mentions the word addiction...In certain company...Oh yeah, there a smile when the pain comes..The pain gonna make everything alright...Says she talks to angels...Says they all know her name...Oh yeah, she talks to angels,...Says they call her out by her name

I am so glad that your session went as well as could be expected. The fact that you acknowledge your issues and are wanting help is putting you in such a good place. Just try to remember that your issues didn't appear overnight, and you can't fix them overnight. You have friends and support here!

I just wanted to tell you that you are truly a remarkably strong woman! Go get your dreams and heal yourself.

Oh, and one more thing. Thanks! For getting that song stuck in my brain!!:thumbup:

I saw this thread and was wondering what in the world is this about? Then I saw your profile and ventured into some of your other threads.

I just want to say THANK YOU for being so open and honest with us. I'm lucky to have great support in my husband, and also in my psychologist, who ironically also has the Lap-Band®. I plan to share your story with my husband and family so that they can help to keep an eye on me during my journey.

I, too, have an addictive personality, and I've been telling myself that once I give up overeating, smoking, caffeine, and workaholism, that I'll just switch to a "healthy" addiction......like exercise, or this message board!

You've made me realize that ANY addiction is bad news, and I'm going to think about your experiences a lot, and try to remember MODERATION throughout my journey.

Thank you again, and I wish the best for you during this difficult time of demon-battling!

You are way more than "just rite".