Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone cry the first week??

I woke up this morning still looking at my broth and Jello and burst into tears. I really dont know why. Then I ask myself did I do the right thing?? I was feeling pretty good until I started having the leg pain. I wanted this so bad and now I am sitting here crying like a 2 year old. Am I losing it or did anyone else have these days?:)

I woke up this morning still looking at my broth and Jello and burst into tears. I really dont know why. Then I ask myself did I do the right thing?? I was feeling pretty good until I started having the leg pain. I wanted this so bad and now I am sitting here crying like a 2 year old. Am I losing it or did anyone else have these days?:)

This is very normal. Understand you have made a huge change in your life. Your body is in shock right now. Several people go through a short depression period after they are banded. Things will get better. Hang in there.

i cried the 3rd, 4th, 5th and I think even the 6th day...the feeling of regret was going thru my mind this entire time...I am now 10 days post op and I feel so much better...you will too..I promise ;D just try and not think about it..

Hi there, I just had surgery on 6/7 and the first week was awful. I went into surgery thinking it was going to be sooo easy, cause I'm "not a wimp"! The gas pain just about kicked my @$$. I hated myself for not being able to lose the weight on my own and I wanted the band out sooo bad. But, at about 1 week postop, I was feeling great.

Now, about the leg issue...I didn't have achy legs. I recently threw away my post op instructions, but I swear that it said if you have extreme leg pain, you should call the doc asap. So, I think you should call your surgeon. What will it hurt?

My first week was hell week. I was so depressed. My MIL said she would come and push herself on me if I didnt come out of it. It was so not like me. But I did feel the regret, asking myself if what I did was the right thing. Here I am 6 weeks post op and Im down 32 lbs. I know I did the right thing. It gets much better. Hang in there, "This too Shall Pass".

I was banded on April 7 and have now lost 50 pounds total, but I had terrible moods swings the first few weeks. I was blue and cried, but for no particular reason. IT IS NORMAL! Do not be alarmed and just do something nice for yourself - no food of course. Read book, go to a movie, call a friend. Start looking at styles on the internet because you are going to need to buy new clothes sooner than you think!

You can do this, and you will be glad you did!:)

Leg pain is not a good thing - call your doctor immediately! Could suggest a clot. Can't hurt to call, as another poster said

Yes, have had some depression off and on and wondering WTH! LOL but overall It has improved with time.:)

Heck, I'm 7-1/2 months post op and there have been times all the way along (including last week) when I wonder if I did the right thing. I sat at 25 pounds lost for almost 3 months while I figured out this whole band thing...wondering if I was going to be one of those people who still only lost 25 pounds after a year.

Hang in there, work the band and it will work for you.

Melody

Yes, I cried and wondered WTH have I done to myself. It has been 4 months now and I still have days that I grieve loss of favorite foods.

Then I remind myself why I chose this option. Was it really FUN to EAT MYSELF TO DEATH???? Shame and guilt were my constant companions.

Hang in there, sweetie. Health and self confidence await you.

Thanks everyone for ur responses! this site really helps, i'm glad I joined 2day. i am 6 days after surgery and i have felt the exact emotions!!!! today has been real hard. like what was i thinking, and it makes me angry that food has ruled my life for soooo long!

BUT like all of you, we are going to do it and beat our individual beasts!!!!

Happy Loosing and thanks for sharing :)

Robinbare,

How is your leg pain?:scared2:

I had my surgery on 6/14 and I must say "there is a God" I wasnt in a bunch of pain but yes the liquid diet had me, not the 1, 2, 3 day but as i began to heal and things seemed a bit more normal my body said....you know you dont want that clear stuff and you sure dont want a protien shake....but I tell you "this too shall pass" when i went in for my one week apt with the dr he encouraged me to hang on if I could but if i was still feeling hungry to go ahead and advance to the purees....So I did I only spent one week on the liquid and one week on puree next week I will go to puree/soft......he gave me the option to kill the liquid and it made me feel alot better....so talk to your dr see what they say about it just giving me the option helped me....I only actually did one puree meal and the rest liquid.....You'll be alright...

I had my surgery on 6/14 and I'm still crying.:scared2: I know it will pass, probably when the pain does. I have decided that it is probably just the fact that I have undergone a major life altering time in my life and I am still trying to wrap mind around just HOW BIG THIS IS!!!!

I did go in and get the test for blood clots and it was fine. After doing some research on line I think my leg and muscle pain is coming from the caffeine withdrawal! I am much better. This forum is great. It has helped me so much.

I am new to this site and this forum. I was relieved to read that others have felt some mixed emotions after surgery. I just had surgery on June 24 and I am feeling low on energy and kind of depressed. This is a really rough period it seems. I hope my mood changes as I move through the progression. Great forum!