Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is pizza gone forever?

I kno it is not the healthiest thing out there, and I am sure thick crust wont go down. But an occasional 1/2 slice?

I've had two fills so far and am definitely feeling some restriction but so far pizza is still on the menu.

Only now I eat 2 small slices instead of 2 small pizzas.

I can still eat thin crust but I have to be so careful to take tiny bites and chew well. I have to concentrate on not snarfing it down. My first PB/stuck episode was with pizza and that turned me off of it for a long time...not forever, of course..

I, unfortunately, can't eat pizza, even the thin crust. We had pizza the other night, and after two bites, I could tell it was going to hurt if I kept eating (the bread would hurt and need to come back up). I picked off all the toppings and ate that instead :unsure:

This reminded me that I hadn't tried pizza since my second fill. If I am in pain I am going to blame all of you that posted here :unsure:

I have 1 slice of pie at least once a week. I do have to cut it into very small pieces and eat really slow. I have had 5 fills already and I won't give up my pizza.< /p>

If you do eat it. Make sure that the pieces are VERY small and you eat very very slow.

I normally now eat thin crust pizza, but I have had regular hand-tossed. The hand-tossed I have to be a little more careful with. The difference is now I eat one of two slices of a small, 10 inch pizza instead of 3 or 4 from a large.

I had a glass of wine and the top only of a slice of pizza at a party this weekend! I didn't really miss the crust at all to tell you the truth.

I can and have always been able to eat pizza - thin or thick crust. It one of the foods my band just seems to tolerate.

You can often eat the strangest things. I can eat pizza BUT what I have found is that any thick, bready type of thing like this now nauseates me, its the smell, texture etc. NOT that I cant get it down. The thought of eating McDonalds makes me want to puke, it seems utterly disgusting, I dont like pizza anymore (I'd rather starve than eat it) and even fish and chips (which was probably my fave take away meal) - bleugh.

the thing with pizza is the cheese, I cannot eat cheese grilled anymore, it just seems hideous.

So you may find your tastes change, which is not a bad thing! But you will probably be able to continue to have a little of what you like. And if you really cant get pizza down, you really do come to not like the idea of eating it.

I can still eat pizza at excellent restriction for 2 years, now. I can't recall ever having any type of issue with it or any kind of crust. Just like others have said - I can just now eat less of it and be satiated. :unsure: I also agree with the person that said if you find something difficult to get down, you probably won't enjoy it anymore. So true - pancakes I used to love and I can't stand them anymore...PURELY because I can't get a single bite to go down without pain. So now I hate pancakes.< /p>

I also used to not like popcorn all that much and I had a period where I couldn't get enough of it (last year). And there was a time when I was craving hot sauce pretty much constantly. I still crave things to be spicy pretty often...but when the hot sauce thing hit, I'm not kidding - I was swallowing spoonfuls of the stuff - the hotter, the better.

It's interesting how your tastes can change when they put a Nike Air Stomach in you. :cursing:

It's interesting how your tastes can change when they put a Nike Air Stomach in you. :unsure:

I LOVE THIS...*swiping it*

Taste has already started to change. Last night I had a half glass of wine and it tasted terrible. all I could taste was the alchohol. yuck! And In used to be a wino! lol

I actually just finished a small piece of pizza with the foccasia style crust (kind of like a hand-tossed thickness). I've had 2 fills so far, with my 3rd scheduled for this Thursday. I have never had a problem with pizza - thick or thin crust - but we'll see how it goes after Thursday! I'm hoping that tiny bites and tons of chewing are going to help me hang on to my favorite food!!