Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ANyone else thrown up??

Or is it just me? I had some guacamole last night *mushy!* and had to go to the bathroom and threw it up a bit! WTF:( I've thrown up 3 times officially. The first time was the worst. The 2nd was better but it was after I drank some Water. very weird. this last time was just twice and not so bad. I just dont want it to be a normal thing. Arghh! :scared2:

The only time I have thrown up was right after surgery. Apparently my surgeon took out my gallbladder first and there was some bile left and it drained back into my stomach. My husband had to pull the car over on the way home from the surgical center and I was doing some serious throwing up. Not a pretty site.

Are you actually throwing up from the stomach or just having productive belching?

Yeah Ive thrown up a few times. Well PBd not really threw up. It feels different because its just sitting right on top and my throat feels like it flexes, not my stomich. Its weird because I dont feel like I have any restriction, but a few times when I havent chewed well and eating too fast, BOOM. Right back up. I always have time to run to the bathroom though. I have a min or two where I feel it coming on. I did have an episode where it happend in the car. I thought I was going to have to spew into a cup of tea. But that time I lucked out and was able to hold it down until it passed through the band. That would have been pretty gross. I think I may need to start keeping barf bags in my car lol. Gross! (but not as gross as puking in a cup of iced tea)!

I haven't thrown up but I wanted to so bad the other night. I had some awful heartburn and I know its bad but before the band the only way to get rid of the acid in my tummy was to vomit it up. Well I had my hiatal hernia fixed during surgery so I thought the reflux would stop. I was kind of freak'n out cause I didn't know what to do. I called the doc after 3 days of this painful refulx just to find he was on vacation. But to my suprise he called me back and I went to his office and got prevacid. I took it for one day and no more heartburn. Thanks goodness cause I was on the verge of making myself vomit to release the pain. But I was so scared.... Jennifer

first pb episode last night..very unpleasant...ate chicken that was too dry and either didnt chew enough, ate too fast or ate to big a piece...didnt stay down too long. I dont want to experience that again...so hopefully I'll do better - and you can bet dry meants - NO MORE! LOL.

I have never and hopefully will never throw up. Have you considered it may have been bad guac?

hi all. sorry for delay! life is hectic. I havent had any more PB episodes thank goodness. Thanks for asking:)

I had a fill 3 days ago and haven't been able to eat since. I put one bite in my mouth and instantly I am sick! I have tried to go back to the liquid phase and still no luck! Any suggestions?

Rachel, you probably need a little bit of an unfill if you throw up everytime you put a bite of food in your mouth. Just a little unfill might make you feel a lot better. They can take out just tenths of a CC and it can make a big difference.

Rachel you DEFINATELY are too full! Especially if liquids don't stay down either...call your doc's office as soon as you can! They'll get you right in..

ok, hey yall. Im stacey I live in suwanee, ga. was banded on 7/30/09 . to date i have lost 17lbs. very SLOW!!! but I never comment , I just enjoy looking at the before, during and after photos and reading everyones stories or blogs. I have done very well eating wise. last thurs I offically started solids, well this evening my hubby made some hamburger patties, steam rice and some turnip greens at my request. I usually have a bite here or there. well i took maybe 3 bites of meat and first it was like a PB or it got stuck, it hurt!!! then i tried drinking some water(a nono ) but it was stuck. well i vomitting about 3 times. everything came back, so i drank so more and lost it too. waited a few hours (still a empty tummy , i was hungry ) and had wheat thins. i have kept them down , but wow. Am I never gonna it a beef patty again? it was a werid feeling. mean while my 15 year old kinda laughing shouting out "SELF INFLICTED SURGERY MOM"!!!! smart ass he was. anyways, its a eye opener, not sure what happen. I had meat loaf last week and it went down ok. just weird. so now i can say i have thrown up. :)

Nope. Haven't been stuck, haven't had a PB.

I was also filled 2cc during my surgery. I haven't had a post-surgery fill yet, though.

Also haven't had reflux/heartburn since surgery - and it had been pretty bad prior to surgery!

ok, hey yall. Im stacey Am I never gonna it a beef patty again? :blushing:

Hey Stacey, nice to meet you!

I'll tell ya, you'll probably never eat an ENTIRE beef patty again, that's for sure! :biggrin:

I haven't had too many problems with ground beef patties, as long as I take small bites (I'm talking dime size here), and wait a LONG time before the next bite. And I totally can't eat the hamburger Buns anymore...

Best of luck!

Edited by Juniper
stupid typos... heh

Hey Stacey, nice to meet you!

I'll tell ya, you'll probably never eat an ENTIRE beef patty again, that's for sure! :biggrin:

I haven't had too many problems with ground beef patties, as long as I take small bites (I'm talking dime size here), and wait a LONG time before the next bite. And I totally can't eat the hamburger Buns anymore...

Best of luck!

Juniper, you sound like your at your sweet spot with restriction. How many fills have you had? I had my first fill last week and finally lost two pounds this week. But I can still eat all foods with no problems. The only thing I've ever PB'd is dry chicken breast when I've eaten too fast.