Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went in to the doctor for my first fill. Let me tell you that big needle freaked me out. The bad part he could not get it! Most of my weight is in the front so it made it hard. I cried when I left it hurt so bad and he stuck me over and over. Today I am going in again to get a fill and they are using an xray machine. I am praying it goes well. Anyone else have this problem?:D

I'm sorry you had so much trouble with your first attempt at a fill. Luckily mine have gone smoothly. I'm sure when you go in and have an x-ray done it will go much easier!! Maybe someone will come along with a similar experience, but in the meantime hang in there!!

Oh I'm so sorry! Prayers that it goes much better today! I've never had him not get it but there have been a couple of painful ones. And I always bruise and am sore for a couple of days after. AND mine MOVES so he always has to find it first. My fear is one day he won't be able to and we'll find it's flipped or something. So far, so good tho and I'm hoping it stays that way. I HATE needles so I never look when he's got the needle and ready to fill me. Maybe try that.

Let us know how it goes! Take care!

Oh, I am so sorry you had a horrible experience. I have not had this issue. The first fill was rough because the nurse could not find the port. She poked me a couple of times but she had numbed me. The second time, another nurse did it and she was the one who assisted with the surgery so she went straight to it and it was done. Wham bam!

I sure hope you have a better experience!

Edited by LauraKey

Demand lidocaine! My doc offers it every time. It will at least numb the area so that you just have the little prick from the lidocaine and then nothing more.

I am going to ask for pain meds first. Thanks for the tip. I am just here waiting on the doctor to call and tell me what time to meet him today. I am so sore from yesterday I hope he give me something to numb it this time. I won't let him do it if he don't. I can't wait to get this weight off and the next time it won't be this hard. Thanks for the response.

Well the doctor gave me a local today. It was numb didn't feel anything but some pressure. I have 4ccs in my band. It took a few pokes but he got it. Wow what a relief..:cool2:

Glad you got the numbing medicine!!! For those that have not yet had a fill or new to fills- I have never even seen the needle- I purposely look the other way. I have heard it is a frightening looking needle so I have no intention of ever getting a peek at it.

The needle is a huber needle. It has a bend in it close to the tip. The reason is that the port is self-sealing and the needle shape is to help support the self-sealing. I will admit that I don't have any needle issues so I was just fascinated and asked all about it, LOL.

I am so glad it was better for you today! :cool2:

:cool2: I seen the Needle...let me tell you its way too big! My doctor is great. He gave me local and also pain meds for

home. I am ready for a nap now.

thank god i don,t my docotr hits it right everytime. i just push forward with my hands behind my head. like a situp position an i close my eyes everytime. this is my fifth fill so far. i go monday for my sixth one. but the area is starting to feel a little sore.

Well the doctor gave me a local today. It was numb didn't feel anything but some pressure. I have 4ccs in my band. It took a few pokes but he got it. Wow what a relief..:cool2:

WHOOHOO!!! So glad it went better today!

My friend got her first fill last week and it was a nightmare too. She has a different doctor, we're in Kentucky but it was awful. She had bruises and everything. I'm kinda dreading my fill now.

now i'm scared...i go in on wednesday for my first fill. i was under the impression it was just a little poke...shoot.:cool2: