Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to know all about your awful sugery day, what you went through,and how you got through it? what they gave you for pain? just tell you whole story.

The bad part of my story is the hospital, not the surgery.

I went from recovery straight in to get the test where you drink something while getting an x-ray. I had to hop up onto that cold, hard table and the woman that was doing it had no patience.

Then I was rolled into a room with two other people in it

both men

I am not a man.

I was so pissed I just started crying.

There was no other room at the inn (or so they said) so I got stuck between two snoring men all night. I was uncomfortable but not in any pain. Did not get a single wink of sleep

Went home as soon as I was allowed the next morning

Not had any complications, no throwing up, nothing.

The band is doing what it's supposed to be doing, helping me.

Edited by Donnainva

Nothing bad here - my experience was all good

all went good here,but my room didnt have a tv so bored in the middle of the night.just a spoiled American i guess lol

I don't have any bad things to say about my surgery. I did have a lot of gas pain in my left shoulder, but that was about it. There was the person who had surgery after me. He or she was rolled back moaning very loud. I felt for the person.

No bad story here either. It couldn't have gone better. And I didn't have to stay overnight. From check-in to check-out was about 6 hours. No gas pain, no shoulder pain, just a sore around the incisions, but the liquid med did the job on that. It was all so worth it.

I had a good surgery experience. I did however get my TOM very badly 2 days after surgery. I know tmi, lol.

I had a GREAT surgery, got to go home that night (my doc usually keeps his patients overnight but after I begged he let me go!) the hospital was great, the nurses were all WONDERFUL, no trapped gas after (thanks to Dr. Cavazos who, I'm sure, removed most of it, as all of them CAN do but few actually DO!)

It was great. And it cured my sciatica, no kidding.

My surgery day was really bad. First the nurse who did my IV didn't do it right. It was painful when any medication went through it. I tried to tell the anesthesia people this, they said the medication burns but it wasn't a burn. After surgery I woke up with the oxygen mask on my face and freaked out. For some reason the oxygen mask makes me feel like I can't breathe. I go up to my room after all of 10 minutes being awake in recovery and I'm immediately bombarded with 2 nurses, a respiratory therapist, interns, residents, etc. The gas was so bad I thought I was going to explode. Trying to get in and out of the hospital bed was an absolute nightmare. They took me down for the barium swallow which was fine. Then the person who did it wheeled me out of the room and left me sitting in the waiting room with outpatients while waiting for transport and never told me was just leaving me there. I get back to my room and the IV really starts hurting. The night nurse looked at it and there was a big bubble on my hand and they FINALLY took it out and put another one in. I was not allowed to sleep for more than 5 minutes without being bothered by someone. Absolutely awful. The same week I got readmitted to the other hospital my surgeon works out of and it was great. I should've had my surgery there in the first place probably.

My experience was great. Surgeon was terriffic, the surgucal center I went to treated my like I was their own family!! I got there at 9:00am surgery went well, I was home by 3:30pm. No pain afte, just a little discomfort. I even went back to work the next afternoon.

I had a great experience with the hospital and the Bariatric team. My bad experience was with the anesthesia team, and the customer service people afterward. I woke up in recovery and they told me that they chipped my teeth taking the breathing tube out. I was told a dentist would visit me before discharge. That didn't happen. I shouldn't have left the hospital without a plan to get them to commit to the repair(turned out they broke two crowns).

Calls in the weeks afterward got me promises to look into it with no return calls. Later the hospital denied there was any problem and even went to far as to engage in lies and cover ups stating the teeth damage were noted in a report prior to anethesia. When I stated common sense would state that if such a thing happened that I would probably have been required to sign this prior to surgery, their tune started to change. After Surgery the surgeon came out and told my wife that this had occured.

Next I had my dentist fully document the damage and give detailed records of my visits. I have great dental insurance and take full advantage of it. The damage would have cost $1200 to repair. After continous delays, I finally wrote the hospital a letter stating I needed their decision by a specific date or I would persue other methods of compensation. This finally got them to authorize the work by my own dentist. That was completed in June.

The Hospital was great, the Bariatric staff was also great, but I wouldn't trust the administration one bit. I'm glad my wife was with me.

My experience at Tempe surgical Center was GREAT. The people were very nice. I was even taken in before my time and was on my way home 4 hours later. Hope yours goes as well.

Since this is apparently worrying you because you've even started another thread about it....here's the link to surgery day stories. PAGES and PAGES of them, enough to satifsy even your immense curiosity! :)

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/surgery-day-stories-64287/

My bad surgery day story is about the hospital and not the surgery itself.

I was taken from recovery to my room, where shortly after the anesthesia wore off. I asked for pain meds and was told she would be right down. I also needed some ice Water and those sponge things to wet your mouth because I was so dry I couldn't talk. My mom got me ice because the nurse wasn't coming. When the nurse finally came in she said "you're in this much pain, I need to call your doctor". Whatever, just give me what you got cause I felt like dying. I got meds at 11am and then again at 2pm. This same nurse got me up walking and said she'll show me the first time, but I'm on my own after. I was forced to get out of bed alone, walk around, reach behind my bed to the other side and unplug my IV pole. Upon return I had to do the same to plug it back in. She put a hat in my toilet to measure urine, but never came back. It was overflowing in my toilet. I saw her at 2pm and didn't see anyone again until the night shift nurse came on at 8pm. I had no pain meds from 2 till 8. I asked many times. The same nurse upon my first walk put the heart monitor in the pocket in the gown, then tapped it twice saying "there you go", right on the biggest incision. I went to the moon! I was left alone for 5 hours and I laid there crying. I called my boyfriend who was out of town and cried some more. The night nurse came on and said I shouldn't walk alone on morphine, that unplugging the machine was her job, that I shouldn't go 5 hours without meds when I have morphine ordered up to once an hour if I need, and she got me Water, which I didn't have since 11am when that original cup came. She apologized for the lack of care and told the nurse manager about my care. The following day I was taken for x-ray. The tech leans in and asks if there's any chance I'm pregnant. I told her I just had abdominal surgery....no I'm not. She then asks if I have a belly ring in. I think they'd make you take it out for surgery if I did. They didn't know how to help me onto the table and back up again. Then I go back up to my room and some new nurse comes in to take my blood pressure. She puts the cuff on the arm with the IV!! That hurt SO bad! The blood from my arm went back into the iv line and also spurted out of my hand. Once again I cried, wanting to go home already. The nurse manager came in and went over my chart, noting the 5 hour lapse in pain meds and apologized. The following day home from surgery the hospital administrator called to apologize and to assure me that the nurse would be reprimanded appropriately for her actions and assured me that witholding medical care is not what their hospital is about. I have yet to tell my surgeon because I am only 4 days post op but I'm planning on it during my first visit for the staple removal.