Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In a funk after surgery

I am three days post-op and I am regretting that I ever had this done. I have had two crying spells in the last few days, which is so out of character for me. I absolutely hate the Protein Powder mix, it tastes awful! My family is eating out tonight at the Outback and I'm at home sipping on Water and dreading the next two ounces of Protein brew. Help!:confused:

sweetie---- please take a deep breath and hang in there. Try a different Protein drink- I like GNC's Lean Body to go--- it is pre-mixed and comes in chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream- I find the pre mixed drinks work better for me and u put in the fridge to make them very cold....

you can do this... don't give up!!!

It's normal to feel this way soon after surgery. This feeling will pass and you will feel better about your decision to have the band. Keep your head up.

I went through it also. It goes away and when you go to the Dr. for your first post op visit and your down 12 to 15 pounds and you can go on the mushy stage you will totally change your attitude and won't regret a thing..

Try sug. free Jello and ice pops and chicken broth..

it helps..

I was banded July 7th and im in the same boat. It does get better just hang in there. On the bright side how else would i have lost 19lbs in 3 days.

I think I started a thread called "What's wrong with me?" when I was newly post op. It's depressing to know that everyone around you can eat whatever they want, and moreso for those of us who didn't always make healthy choices, which is why I got my band. (Well, one of the reasons.). I'm no medical professional, but I wonder how much of our post-op depression is due to anesthesia.

But you know something? One day at a time, you'll start to feel better, the weight will start coming off, and what you're going through now will be a bad memory.

Keep posting, even if it's to say the same thing. No one understands like we do.

Debbie

Hey girl. I was just banded on 7/7/09. I have felt the funk, but it does get better. I know it is sad now, but hang in there and try and keep your mind off of food. I have several projects I can do and that helps. Yes, the broth is nice and so is the sf popsicles.

We are here for you. Come to the chat room. PM us, do whatever, but know that you are not alone.

-Doc

hang in there. I was banded on 6/10/09 and for the first week i was regretting it too. i felt awful, i was crying and wishing i never did it. the 2nd week post op i started to feel 'normal' and it just keeps getting better.

I'm no fan of the Protein powders either, but, I find that the soy Protein Powder taste isn't as overwhelming as the whey Protein ...

also, Isopure available at GNC is like a cyrstal lite drink..but, 40 grams of protein in a 20oz bottle is an awesome alternative to a shake.

Hang in there...as everyone else said...it does get better...I was banded July 1st...and my funk was because I missed my routine and was bored out of my mind...not working...but, I made peace with it...totally spun the story in my head...that this is my time to totally focus on myself...I went for a pedicure...have a full body massage planned and I'm going on a day trip with a friend that I rarely get to see because she lives 4 hours away. Think of all the positives....that's what really helped me.

I am three days post-op and I am regretting that I ever had this done. I have had two crying spells in the last few days, which is so out of character for me. I absolutely hate the protein powder mix, it tastes awful! My family is eating out tonight at the Outback and I'm at home sipping on Water and dreading the next two ounces of protein brew. Help!:confused:

I am so with ya. If you read some of these threads you will find that we all felt the same way exactly. I was thinking OMG, what did I do to myself. And this too shall pass like everyone else said. Start going online and you will find all kinds of really good Protein Drinks. Just hang in there until your mushy stage. It makes it soooo much better. I thought I could never look at a bowl of Soup again but I am going to have lunch with my Hubby, his brother and our sister in law and I will be having soup so you get over it in time. You'll do great!

Hey there Kakki. Why don't you read the "Let's Celebrate" thread? Take a look at what good things you have waiting for you. Keep your head up and aim for the prize. We will be your cheerleaders but until I lose wt I am NOT wearing that little skirt. Good luck!

I am three days post-op and I am regretting that I ever had this done. I have had two crying spells in the last few days, which is so out of character for me. I absolutely hate the Protein powder mix, it tastes awful! My family is eating out tonight at the Outback and I'm at home sipping on Water and dreading the next two ounces of Protein brew. Help!:confused:

What you are feeling is completely normal. We ALL have a bit of regret after surgery. It will pass. Better yet there will come a time when you won't care if your family is eating at Outbacks or not. food won't be as important to you and that is the ultimate goal. When you view food differently the weight melts away.

When your family is eating good things just remember, you can have it too, just not today. You'll be able to eat most of the things you did a month ago just in smaller quantities.

Keep telling yourself, I can have that food - just not today.

sweetie---- please take a deep breath and hang in there. Try a different Protein drink- I like GNC's Lean Body to go--- it is pre-mixed and comes in chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream- I find the pre mixed drinks work better for me and u put in the fridge to make them very cold....

you can do this... don't give up!!!

I agree with this!!! Try a different Protein Drink. I reccommend powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury but I have only had three different brands, and that was the best of those three.

I also remember that when I was on Atkins, and I did the Atkins shakes, they were so much better when they were very cold. Hope you're feeling better today.

I felt really regretful, too. Several days post-op, I was told they were cutting back at work, and I was last hired, so first fired. (I was actually moved into a different position, but the paycut was huge.) And to top it off, I COULDN'T EAT!! I was so miserable. I wanted my money back so badly so I could afford to pay bills instead of worry about the next few months. Well... not much changed. I'm still broke, but I no longer regret being banded. I've lost about 30 pounds since my first fill. My only gripe now is that I wish I could afford another fill.

Hang in there!!!!!!

Please hang in there it is hard at this stage and I also wondered why i did this during this period. But let me tell you when I can eat 1/4 of a cup of egg beaters and be full, or 1oz of beef jerkery for lunch I am so happy i stuck it through. I have never felt full in my whole life till the band. So please keep in touch and know it does get better quickly. When you start seeing the results you will be so happy.

Hi, I was banded july 2nd, please dont be so hard on yourself. This is a huge transitional period for you. I think your family should be more behind you, i bought a book by Robert Sewell, called "Weight loss surgery with the adj. gastric band" and there is a chapter just for your family, to know what you are going through. you should try to let the read this, i believe it would help. i too went through a " what the crap did i do to myself" phase for about 5-6 days. It will pass, and if not please let your Doctor know ASAP, hopefully they are supportive. Just hang in there this is what some call "bandster h*ll" let me know of you need anything! mandy