Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you start to really lose weight?

When did you start to really lose weight? Sure most of us lost some with the pre-surgery diet and some of us have lost some the first few weeks after but when did you "really" start to lose weight?

no pre op diet for me either. the first week i was so full of "stuff" from the hospital that I had gained like 5 pounds. But, at my 1 month post op appointment I was down 20 pounds. Weight has been steady about 2.5 pounds a week sence then.

I started losing right away and it has stayed steady.

You are doing great!

I lost weight on my 2 week preop and then the first week after surgery. Things slowed down until my third fill, which was 3 months after surgery - I think I've hit my sweet spot now, as ( need to change my ticker actually) it is coming off every day!

I am also now going to the gym 5 days a week, which is great for me!

I've been very frustrated. I've have had only one fill since my surgery feb 9th & I've only lost 6pd. I have very little restriction to any food I can almost eat as much as before.. Yes I do get full quicker then before my surgery but I still get hungry all the time Please tell me that I'm not the only one out there that is having that problem. I'm great at maintaining every week but want to start seeing some weight loss I hope that my second fill on 5/7/09 will show some restriction. I'm also scare when I do get the restoration how I will do mentally.

You're not the only one, I just had my 1st fill last week, and although I feel some restriction, I feel like I can eat more and more each day. My weight went down right after surgery (March 4th), I've lost 18 pounds in the 1st 2 weeks, but since then I have lost nothing, and I'm 6 weeks out of surgery now! I think we just need to keep exercising, drinking Water, Protein, etc. Be patient, you're still doing pretty good. And I'm sure your next fill will also help out a lot. Good luck =)

Thanks glad to know I'm not the only one. I am guilty of not getting my butt up & moving so This week I will make this my goal.

I didn't do a pre-op diet, but I wish I had. I lost most of my weight during the week after surgery and after my fourth fill.

No pre op diet here. but i have been loosing over 2lbs a week since day 1. I lost quite a bit in the first month, but has been steady since.

It's been slow & steady for me since I got out of Bandster Hell! I'm averaging just over 1 pound a week, which is a little slower than I'd like, but I'm happy because it's giving my body time to acclimate (er, and because the number on the scale keeps getting smaller)!

Catherine

I did 2 week presugical diet and lost 21 pounds then. My surgery was on 3/11/09 and had my first fill on 4/23/09. Since surgery I have lost additional 26 1/2 pounds. Right now I am not having any trouble losing. I really haven't been that hungry. I was told by my doctor that it will get to the point where I will only lose about 1 to 2 pounds a week. Which is find with me. You just have to hang in there. It will come off.

My surgery was at the end of October 2008--six months out. I have averaged a bit over a 1 lb a week. Slow, but (almost) always going down. The past three weeks after my 7th fill I find that the weight is coming off at a quicker pace and I have a better restriction. I guess it just took me a little longer to get to that place.

I am finally learning patience--well, kind of!

I am really glad for you that the weight is now coming off quicker. My doctor said that it could take several fills to get it at the right place. It does sound like they got it at the right adjustment.