Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has any one had trouble with dry, flakey skin on their face after surgery? I mean it wasn't wonderful before, but now I have tons of lines, flakes, make up cakes,etc.

Please help. Estee Lauder doesn't! Thank you.

I am in the same boat as you are. I posted a thread somewhere else about it. Everyone pretty much said the same thing. We are not getting in enough good fat in our diet. Couple that with possibly not getting enough Water, and you get really dry skin. I am to the point that my body is itchy because it is so dry.

I agree w/slim-n-tn! You should add a teaspoon or two (not much!) of good oil like olive, flax or canola into your diet...and make sure you get at least 64 oz of Water a day. It will take it a while (few weeks) to work.

have you tried taking omega/fish oil supplements? i've been taking them for years and they really help keep my skin supple and healthy. it might help with post-op skin changes (i'm pre-op)

My doctor and nutritionist have me taking Coromega. Coromega is an Omega-3 dietary supplement from fish oil, with DHA and EPA, and

provides health benefits for the heart, joints, skin, and brain. It has an orange taste. It really isn't bad tasting. At first I put it in my Protein Shakes, but now I just put it on a teaspoon and take it that way. It comes in pre-measured packets so you can take it anywhere. A little pricey, but it's worth the results.

I did get some on Ebay that was pretty reasonable.

Lone Star Loser

Yes i also have had the same problems, i have been using moisturiser like it is going out of style. make up looks horrendous. i will start taking a Omega oil supplement see if that helps me. thanks

Thanks for the tips! I was wondering about the Omegas and took flax previously but didn't know what to do as I am post op and knew I couldn't swallow the huge pills. I'm going to check out the Coromega! Thank you all so much again!

I ordered the orange original and am so pleased that you steered me on to it. Also I found some flax seed oil at Walmart I'm going to start taking 1 tsp of a day. It has the ALA component. Thank you again, you don't know how much you've helped!

As far as lotions/skin conditioners go. Check out www.thetaderm.com, thentix lotion is the best! A woman that my mom works with swore by it so we decided to give it a try. I have been using it for a couple of months now and notice a huge difference with my skin. My mom is using it and loves it, and my godmother has a skin condition and it is really helping her also. I use it daily head to toe after I shower. My mom even gave some to my father-in-law because his hands and feet split very bad, and it has cleared that up for him also! Love it, you have to get use to the smell - I don't think it really smells bad though, and it doesn't linger on you. It's a little pricey but it works and you don't have to use a lot at one time either like normal lotions.

I'm so angry. My Doctor out of all of my supplements I take made me stop taking Omega3!! It was my favorite supplement too.

I even bought this awesome flax seed supplement that was in a smoothie form, where you only took 2 tsps. I got the strawberry-banana flavor. I took it back because it was $15.

I have an appointment with him on Monday and I'm asking about the Omega3 again.

Why did your doctor make you stop taking Omega 3? Every doctor is different but both my nutrionist and doctor agree on taking Omega 3. And as I mentioned early in this thread, they suggested Coromega. I can tell if I don't take it for a couple of days because my skin starts getting real dry.

Lone Star Loser

The thentix doesn't smell bad. It's hard to describe though, it has honey in it and it just has a "natural" smell I guess, if that makes any sense at all. lol. It's not like a perfume smell or anything and after you put it on, it goes away - so even if you don't like it, you aren't walking around smelling like it. I put it on everyday after I get out of the shower from head to toe. It makes your make-up go on easier too. I also put it on my face at night after I wash my face. This time of year, the backs of my thighs itch, more so when I wear certain jeans, I guess dry skin and just gets irritated - the thetaderm has worked wonders. I use it on my 4 year old too. He wears the goodnights underwear to bed at night and sometimes gets like a little heat rash on his bottom, I put a little bit of the lotion on him and it is gone overnight. It also works really well on razor burn. Anyway, I think that you will like it. The woman my mom works with that told us about it uses it constantly and her mom has used it for years. Now my mom, sister, godmother, aunt, and my father/mother in law are all using it and love it too. I have also noticed a big difference when I get a pimple,instead of it lasting forever and getting nasty - the thetaderm clears it up. My husband laughs at me cause anytime something comes up on any of our skin I tell him to put some of the lotion on it, something had bit him on his ankle and it started looking a little gross where he had scratched the skin off and looked like it was getting infected, I made him put the thentix on it for a few days and it cleared it up completely. Sorry I am rambling on, I do think that you or anyone else that tries it will be glad you did though. I didn't believe all the things that my mom's friend was saying until I tried it. Can't see myself using any other kind of lotion again. Let me know if you get some and what you think.