Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am so frustrated:angry: i was banded 23rd of june and have lost 5lbs!!! not great. yesterday went for pre fill appointment and had to really convince them to let me have it done, so they arranged it for next monday i was pleased as i felt that horrible dark cloud of confusion has been lingering over me. anyway got a call from the clinic today to ask when my period is due? as they can only do a fill within the first 10 days:confused:, i have pcos and explained i have no idea when my next period is as sometimes it can be 8/9 weeks inbetween which would be 10-12 weeks post op until my first fill!! the guy who does the fills only does them on a monday pm and if he is fully booked when i'm next "on" i have to wait for the next period???? i feal really let down they didnt tell me any of this before i just want to get on with my life with the band and am in limbo as 'm not losing. sorry guy's just had to vent it out:sad:, hope you guys are all getting on well xxx

I know it's not always easy to do, but if I were in your situation I would have not choice but to find another doctor. It should not take 12 weeks, or three months for a fill. My doctor is making me wait 6 weeks and I'm already not very happy with him.

I'll pray for us both! patience is must right now...

Hey Clair: We have the same band birthday. I was also banded on June 23rd. I've only lost 12 1/2 lbs, and 10 of that was in the first couple of weeks. I have had a fill, I got it on July 23rd, and honestly it has not helped much. My doc does not have the same "rules" as yours. Is it because of the pcos, or just his rule? My doc won't do a fill early. One a month and only 1-2 cc's at time. He said that doing too fast causes problems later. He wants me to "adjust" my lifestyle slowly, and bond with the band. Even if I have to diet, which I AM. I understand your frustration with the weight loss. I also waited FOREVER to have it done, and wanted to be like the others on this site who lost 20-30 lbs the first couple of months. I guess we are truly all different. Good luck. I hope it gets better for us as we get fills.

hey! i was banded around the same time as you both mine was June 26th of this year,and so far have only lost 11 LBS and that with me dieting and exercising! i havent had a fill yet, my fill appt.is August 12th!

Nothing was ever said in my extensive pre-op teaching about not filling during periods. Weird.....

:smile2:thanks for replying i really had to get it off my chest, shame getting it off my hips isnt as easy ! ha ha! nice to hear from people banded at the same time, i am starting today afresh and concentrating on diet and putting fill to the back of my mind xxxx

hi, i was banded on the the 27th of june

My doc says no fills until 3 mth check up unless my weight stalls. I dont know im losing weight yes, but geesh i really think i eat to much and maybe ill end up stretching my pouch. gosh i wish all doctors could follow some of same stuff LOL

i am so frustrated:angry: i was banded 23rd of june and have lost 5lbs!!! not great. yesterday went for pre fill appointment and had to really convince them to let me have it done, so they arranged it for next monday i was pleased as i felt that horrible dark cloud of confusion has been lingering over me. anyway got a call from the clinic today to ask when my period is due? as they can only do a fill within the first 10 days:confused:, i have pcos and explained i have no idea when my next period is as sometimes it can be 8/9 weeks inbetween which would be 10-12 weeks post op until my first fill!! the guy who does the fills only does them on a monday pm and if he is fully booked when i'm next "on" i have to wait for the next period???? i feal really let down they didnt tell me any of this before i just want to get on with my life with the band and am in limbo as 'm not losing. sorry guy's just had to vent it out:sad:, hope you guys are all getting on well xxx

No I TOTALLY feel for you!!! I too have PCOS and my periods are VERY irregular and I woul dhave no way to tell them when they should fill me either. I don't believe my place does that, but I sure will ask now! I fully understand and would be very upset and PO'd too! :wink_smile:

Wow - I am so glad that I read this post! I am really sorry about what you are going through. In all the research I did, meetings I attended, info sessions and online videos, I have NEVER heard of the period/fill connection. And if that is true, I am screwed!! I have PCOS too and I haven't had a period in 6 years. Yes you read that right, seriously nothing the whole time. Not spotting, nothing. I have had tons of ultrasounds, etc to make sure that everything was all right, which it is, but the fact remains that I just never get a period. (which is a real pain in the ass every time I go to the doctor, BTW - they always ask that and I always tell them and then every time, they give me the look. Then they ask about spotting, etc - like I'm holding out or something! And they don't want to write date of last period 2002!!) Now I am going to call my doctor tomorrow and find out what is the deal - I don't want a nasty surprise on my next visit. I'd rather try and sort it out now, so thank you for the post!!

Also, I have only been banded 3 weeks, but already I feel like I'm not even banded. I am eating what I should and all, but it seems like it is way more than what I should be able to eat with the band. I am worried that I am stretching out the pouch and screwing this up already - so I felt better when I read that someone else was dealing with the same thing, thanks again!!

I've never heard of that before. If you know when the doctor is in and when you can filled, then I'd lie about it to be blunt.

Sometimes, being due for your period makes you a bit tighter. So the worst that can happen is that the fill might end up loosening up more than you might like once your period finishes.