Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days post op open incisions

So this morning I noticed puss on one of my cuts near the big port cut. My incisions are glued with nothing on them I came out of surgery like that. Anyways so I call the nurse then the dr. He called in antibotics and said take a shower wash it and take the glue off. Ok so I did this and the glue came off 2 of my incisions well now I have 2 wholes on my stomach... So of course I called back to the nurse she was worried so she said I had to talk to the dr. Fine I did that and he said as long as its not red or bluish and I am not running fever then I will be ok. Ugh So has anyone else had this? Now I am worried I will have bad scars also I am worried about the holes in my tummy :tt2: the nurse said I should go to see a dr here in town before thursday. I wish my dr was a more normal dr that cared more.. hes very odd. So back to my question has this happened to anyone else... 10 days post op open woundswith puss?

I had an open area on my port incision. My surgeon had me clean it with peroxide. I would use a small medicine cup and pour the peroxide into the "hole" and then clean the area with soap and Water in the shower. Then I would put triple antibiotic cream on the area and cover with a bandaid. It took a while, but it is healed now. I was banded on May 19th. The doctor should look at the wound and make sure there is no "tunnelling". My surgeon sees me every week or two to check on the area... I still have some skin irritation from all the bandaids!!

well my dr is very strange.. lol my family does not like him.. anyways I guess I will let the hospital look at them on monday to see if im ok

i would go to the emergency room just so they could seal it back up and make sure there is no infection.. normally if it is not hot... red like they said there should be no infection, but puss coming out...hmmmm i would go to the e.r. i know no one wants to sit in the e.r. on a saturday but your life is more important

If it's oozing pus then I would go get it checked. Cleaning it with peroxide and placing antibiotic ointment on it should really help especially since you will be taking antibiotics orally.

I had a similar problem. I had been putting antibiotic cream on mine also. I went to the doctor to have him check it out after it still wasn't healing well after a round of antibiotics. I had a stitch that hadn't disolved and it was keeping the incision from closing. The doctor told me to get the gauze that adheres to the wound to help pull out the infection. He told me to stop putting the antibiotic cream on. It took a while but it's finally closed and healed. The scar really doesn't look bad at all. Good Luck!

Open holes is sloppy doctoring...did they steri-strip the incisions with the glue?

My were sewn, glued and steri-strip. If it were me I'd be discussing this with my doctor...quickly!

thanks lynn :eek: Bombaman... They were closed with glue.. they are now open because I pulled the glue off because the dr told me to since there was an infection. If I had not pulled the glue off they would be still closed but at 10 days they should be closing on there own but since the infection I guess they cant.. UPDATE :D I am doiing good the cuts look good not too much puss anymore I think I will be fine thanks everyone :drool:

I'm glad there healing. Different doctors do things differently I guess. I just think that glue on an abdomen (that bends and twists) isn't enough. But again, I'm not a doctor.

I'm glad there healing. Different doctors do things differently I guess. I just think that glue on an abdomen (that bends and twists) isn't enough. But again, I'm not a doctor.

The glue on mine held just fine.