Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you looking forward to doing?

I've mentally kept a list of things that I want to be able to do "some day when I'm not so big." Let's put down a list together, keeping things specific. I'll start!

I want to be able to:

Tie my shoes without suffocating when I bend over, or not having to pull my foot up by my pantleg if I don't want to bend over.

Sit in an airplane seat without feeling like I am hogging up the other person's seat.

Not have to worry about whether restaurant chairs have arms that I have to try to squeeze into. I also have to have a "bonus-sized" office chair :)

Your turn!

i want to be able to cross my legs without having to grab the leg and pull it up!

Wow, those are all great ones! Exactly what I wanted to do but did not even think about writing down.

One my pre-op questionaire I put down "I want to fly somewhere and feel comfortable in the airplane seat and then go to a regular store and buy a regular sized pair of pants." Such simple wants!

Gosh there are so many that it's hard to think of just a few. I can agree with the airplane seats. I am always so nervous that my growing waistline may mean I need a belt extender. I can't wait to go on amusement park rides again like a roller coaster etc. Give myself pedicures without having to do it standing up. Finally going into Victoria Secrets and buy an article of clothing....anything.

I can't wait to wear a regular speedo! I swim every day at the gym and I'm sick of my bathing suit with a skirt attached! It's always getting in the way :lol:

Oh- and I can't WAIT to walk into Gap and buy a pair of jeans.

OMG the pedicures! I totally forgot about trying to paint my toenails. I have to either stand up, or drag my foot up onto my knee using my pantlegs...and even then how on Earth am I supposed to paint that little toe???

LMAO....that's why I have been waiting until my kids start camp so I can finally go and get my toes done cause I hate doing them. My poor neglected tootsies.:lol:

There are so many things I want to be able to do once I have lost all of my weight.

1. Go to the Red sox games with my boyfriend and not feel like I can't fit into the chair.

2. shop in normal stores

3. go to the gym without a million eyes on me.

4. Take pictures comfortbly.

I could go on and on.

:lol:

This is a great post! It came right when I needed it. Been a little down, no loss in 3 wks, but I had a 4th fill today, so keep your fingers crossed! Ok, my list of things I hope to achieve/be able to do again thru weight loss:

NOT have to sleep with 3 pillows, propping up so I can breathe

NOT have my shirt ride up and "plub" pop out above my waistband when getting in the car

Be able to buy a cute pair of boots that will zip all the way up my calves

NOT be asked "When are you due?" (when not actually pregnant)

Do active stuff on vacation like zip line, horseback riding, parasailing, etc

Buy a cute bra with fun details, not an orthopedic, thick shoulder pads, old lady bra

Be able to run into old friends without feeling the need to make an excuse for my weight gain ("been a sad couple years", "having health issues", etc)

I looking forward to all mentioned, especially the airline seats. I worked for an airline for 22 years and have life travel benefits and have not gone anywhere recently because of my size.

Also, since I will be an older bander, I want to live long enough to attend my son's wedding next year in Argentina and be able to play with my future grandchildren.

ANNE

I am looking forward to...

Being able to cross my legs

Being able to buy clothes anywhere

Being able to wear a cute belt...and having a shirt short enough to see the belt.

Not being self concious whenever I go anywhere.

The list can go on and on!!:lol:

Its this kind of list that bumped me into making this decision. It's inspirational and really helps to see other people have the same things.

I can't wait to have active fun with my 2 year old

I can't wait to ride a bike out in public and not feel like a laughing stock

I really look forward to comfortable airplane rides

And shopping in a non-plus sized store

And fun, interesting do-it anywhere s*x

Yikes all of them are great. I want to go into a normal store and buy the cutest sexiest red dress I can find. LOL then hit Victoria Secret for some very very sexy undies.

I have a new grandbaby and want to live to see her get married some day.

I am counting the days....till my surgery August 7th 2008

Gosh there's so many things I want or want to do but here's some:

Sit in an airplane sit without sqiushing the poor soul next to me and not having to wear a seat belt extension.. how embarrassing.

Wash a sink full of dishes without my back hurting.

Have a big beautiful garden and be able to take care of it

Swim!!! Oh how I want to swin and actually wear a bathing suit

Buy clothes in a store instead of a catalog.. and get out of those dreaded x sizes.

Clip and paint my toe nails without it feeling like I'm playing a game of twister.

When two flights of stairs doesn't feel like I just climbed Mount Everest.

Get down on the floor without worrying about how I was going to get up.

Amazing huh how life's little things can become such obstacles. How in the world did this happen.

all those things have prompted me to think of some more, but here were my origionals.

1. go horse riding again, like i use to do every week.

2. be able to go up to the pigeon holes (2 flights from the office) and not have to stop at the top

3. be able to buy bras in shops, instead of catalogues (my main reason)

4. never thought of the toe nail thing, but definately going to add it.

5. legs not chaffing when i wear a skirt

think those are my main reasons, but if i sat and thought for more then a few minutes, im sure there will be more.

Sarah