Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I was banded on 5/19 and so far am very happy with the band (17 pds lost in the last 3 weeks of liquid diet). However, I expected to be back on my feet right away and I am not. I constantly read posts about people being out and about a few days post op, and here i am, 1 week later, dreading working tomorrow. I decided to go to the mall for an hour today and felt really odd. I had tunnel vision, got really clammy, and very dizzy. I had to rush home and lay down. I'm guessing it is from the cut in calories, sugar, and caffeine. I have been getting my Proteins, drinking my Water, and taking my Vitamins as well as eating sufficient calories (i think) but I just feel super weak. Also, another odd thing--my vision seems sharper. That's a plus though lol :blink:

Anyone have tips on overcoming the weakness post op?:)

Hi there ..I was banded also on the 19th and am still weak ... Your body is still adjusting and recouping .My Dr said I will feel weak till we get solids. We have gone through a bunch of stuff . I admire you for going out ..I haven't yet but am doing more and more each day ..Even walking slow on the treadmill ..Take care and don't over do ..It will get better .. Are you getting enough sleep ???

Band Buddy

did your doctor put you on any medications? cause i was put on a medication to prevent gall stones and it makes me feel really weird.. hard to explain, but just out of it, dizzy, weak, etc. i can tolerate it before bed cause i can just sleep through it, but i had to stop the morning dose. just wondering if you were on any meds that could cause these problems?

You are not alone in this. It was about 10 days before I started feeling like I wanted to go out again. And it was really about 3 weeks before I felt like I was full energy.

Iam the 19th also and I still feel weak at times.. I go today to the drs so I am going to ask him about it... but remember it is just day 8 today... so one week out is not that long ago... it takes some people longer to recover..

Hi everyone and thanks for the response. At least I am not alone in this. My doctor did give me the gallbladder prevention pill (Octavan or something like that) but I didn't have any weird side effects from it. I am also on coumadin for another 6 months because I had a a pulmonary embolism last november plus Vitamins and Calcium but nothing more. I guess I will just take it a day at a time. i'm definitely feeling better today than yesterday though