Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just about 4 days pos-op and still have an enormous amount of gas pain. I have an overfull feeling in my stomach and feel discomfort when I take deep breaths. Help??!:cursing:

Walk, try gasX, and I find it easier to pass the gas if I lay on my right side and pull by butt cheeks apart and then try to pass it. Sounds crazy, I know, but helps me.

This may sound nuts, but have someone pat your back, like a baby. It (along with gasX) has really helped me- the second day I burped like crazy after someone "burped me"! I am four days past surgery and the gas pains seem to have subsided. I still have an uncomfortable pain when I take deep breaths.

I am just about 4 days pos-op and still have an enormous amount of gas pain. I have an overfull feeling in my stomach and feel discomfort when I take deep breaths. Help??!:rolleyes2:

Me too - I was banded on May 19th, and have sooo much gas. My stomach looks pregnant! And I just feel really puffy. I do think it's getting a little better each day, though. Hang in there!

Me too - I was banded on May 19th, and have sooo much gas. My stomach looks pregnant! And I just feel really puffy. I do think it's getting a little better each day, though. Hang in there!

Hi there- do you feel any discomfort around where the band actually is on your stomach??

Hi there- do you feel any discomfort around where the band actually is on your stomach??

Not really, just really puffy. What is most uncomfortable is the port placement - I feel very sore there. How about you?

I actually feel restriction from the band. I called my doc this morning and he told me it's not common, but has heard of it. He wasn't too helpful, and I am still hoping it goes away eventually (he wasn't able to tell me if it would go away)

I actually feel restriction from the band. I called my doc this morning and he told me it's not common, but has heard of it. He wasn't too helpful, and I am still hoping it goes away eventually (he wasn't able to tell me if it would go away)

you are probably feeling restiction from your stomach being swollen. I do feel some if I drink liquids too quickly. I haven't lost anything since the surgery, which logically I know is OK, but is kinda discouraging! And this damn gas!!!

The restriction I feel is a lot! When I feel hunger pains it's excessive. I have lost weight (and I am sure the pounds will come flying off you too) but I really want this feeling to go away. I seem to have it regardless of whether I eat (drink) or not.

I'm sure you've heard it before (I hope!) but take Gas-x as much as the label will allow....what is it, like 4x a day? Take it regularly! And walk, walk, walk several times a day!

The two points of pain that lingered the longest for me were definitely the shoulder/gas pain (about 4-5 days) and port pain (4 weeks). So this is to be expected.

Remember - don't lift anything heavier than 10# for 4-6 weeks! (or whatever your doctor ordered) That will cause your port to start hurting all over again!

I am just about 4 days pos-op and still have an enormous amount of gas pain. I have an overfull feeling in my stomach and feel discomfort when I take deep breaths. Help??!:rolleyes2:

I can attest to that because i have been feeling like that for the past few days... My son lost my gas x strips and i just got around to buying some more... and i dont feel as bloated, gassy, and full as i was before and my stomach has started going down more also.. others may not notice but i can tell.. I would suggest getting gas x strips or the chewables and oh yeah i have a back massager that i put under my back also and that helps to bring the gas up also... but i can tell the gas is in my back also..i hope u start to feel better...

Edited by mstrina27

Oh, also...the pain when you take deep breaths...means you need to do some breathing exercises. Your doctor should have told you to do these! Breathe in and out very, very deeply and slowly for about 10 minutes every 2 hours. You'll find this helps immensely!!

Terridoodle- do you think that the restriction I feel in my stomach is okay? I feel as if I can "feel" the band. It is really bothersome.

Well, yeah... that doesn't surprise me. It's probably just the swelling. It will get better in a couple of days. I distinctly remember on Day 6 waking up thinking, "WOW! I feel soooo much better today!"....almost back to normal. Just hang in there for a little while longer!