Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else have seven holes? My doctor said "yeah thats normal" but everything I saw said 4 holes. I have been in so much pain I'm wondering if that has something to do with it

I had my surgery on April 10th. I had 6 holes. That's not unusual. Once they heal up you won't even know they are there! Good luck!

-Dawn (Minnesota)

I have seven holes. I just had surgery on May 14th. I know that one of them is for a hiatal hernia and one is for the marcaine drip that is still inserted in my abdomen. I originally thought I'd have five holes so with these two additional it makes sense. I'm also in pain. I thought I'd be ready to do normal activities by now but that is certainly not the case. I thought I had a pretty high tolerance for pain but I've had to take my liquid Lortab regularly.

Edited by steffiegirl

Had surgery on 4/21 and have only 5 holes. My port area was the only sore spot that I had and is just now feeling much better.

I was told that I will have five.

I have 6 & 2 are pretty big. I was told 4-5 small incisions so ???

I was banded on May 12th. My surgeon was hurt the day before my surgury so, he could do the procedure resulting in some confusion before the operation. I was pretty out of it when I left the hospital so, I really don't know what happened and don't remember talking with the surgeon that preformed the actual operation-Weird-

I am not so much in pain as uncomfortable. I feel like something is pressing on my sterum all the time and my gut feels "empty". I don't know how else to explain this feeling but it will wake me up at night and ache. I'm hoping it is just from the internal swelling and will go away because I don't know if I can handle this feeling for the rest of my life.

I had huge buyers remorse on Tuesday and it is kinda subsiding. I wanted to keep the surgury quiet. I told my partner that it was a personal thing & I didn't want him telling anyone. I would tell who I felt comfortable telling. I told my mom & sisters. He has told his mom & sisters, my brothers, 3 of his male friends, 2 of our mutal female friends and god knows how else. I'm pretty pissed about it, don't know what I can do about it but am feeling a bit betrayed...a little like a looser...and basically embarrased.

I would like to know if anyone else is having the feelings in there stomache like I am and I think I might need a little encouragement!

THX

Five Holes here. One is big, the other not so bad. Unfortunately I am so pale that I am almost translucent so my incisions after three months look like angry red slashes on my belly. I don't mind. If anyone asked and I feel like messing with them I will say I was in a knife fight. :thumbup:

I had surgery on May 13th and have 5 small incisions. I too was in a bit of pain the first three days. However this being the forth day after surgery the pain is calming down.

Hi,

I can relate to your feelings. I had surgery on May 13th and have felt the discomfort and pressure in my middle area. It it going away little by little each day. I've thought a few times about it this was the right decision given the pain and discomfort. I've come the conclusion a couple of days of discomfort is definatly worth a lifetime of health and normal weights. Best wishes and think positive you will feel better soon!

I have eight holes from the operation. I was told it should have been seven but they made the first just a little too high so had to make a lower one. Not a big deal as they are very small and already mostly healed. I probably won't be able to see some of them after a year.

I was in a lot of pain on the operating day and was thinking I made a stupid choice for a couple days but then as things started to heal I started feeling better and once I was able to start mushies I started to feel much better about my decision. I really like the fact that I've lost 20 pounds since the surgery less than three weeks ago!:thumbup:

Does anyone else have seven holes? My doctor said "yeah thats normal" but everything I saw said 4 holes. I have been in so much pain I'm wondering if that has something to do with it

I was miserable for 3 or 4 days post op just cuz I was sore, that's from cutting thru muscle and painful gas in the stomach and back which is to be expected. The best remedy for the gas pain is walking around if you can tolerate it. Soon you'll be feeling like new tho :thumbup:

I have 5 incisions, 3 of which are very small, bout 1/4 inch. Two are larger, one where the band went in and the largest, lil' over an inch where the port went in. I think there is a range of how many incisions, depends on the Dr. and the person, yours sound within range and like someone else said, a small price to pay. :thumbup:

Edited by 4evrwild