Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WOOHOO!!!!!! BCBS Approval!!!!!

Hey guys. Just got my approval letter from BCBS. Thinking of scheduling my surgery end of June or mid-July. Cannot wait to get this show on the road! Thanks to everyone for the support and a thanks in advance for future support. I am sure to have questions from time to time.

How long was your approval process from your consult. to receiving your letter? Did they cover your psy. eval.?

I have a $2,000 deductible with a small co-pay. Started this process on Oct. 2 with seminar and had to do the 6 month supervised diet. I am glad I have had the time to process all of this but now am ready to get things rolling:rolleyes2::biggrin:

Congrats :biggrin: I knew you had been waiting because it would be easier in june/july. I am very happy to see BCBS come through for someone else too!

Congrats!!!

I just got approved through BCBS as well.. Since my surgery is outpatient, I have a $0 copay and $0 deductible!! YIPPEEE!!!!! I started my process back in August.. It's been a long road...

Congrats to all of you who just got approval and hope you all have an easy time adjusting. I worried so much about it cuz I was just barely at 40BMI. It only took 3-4 days for BCBS to approve. I feel like a weight has been lifted. I just put a request into my surgeon's office to have surgery the end of June. As soon as I find out the date, I can line up my preop visit with surgeon, preop exam with my regular doc and a visit with Anesthesia. My surgeon also requires a 10 day preop diet. 1 Protein shake per day and Clear liquids.

I'm excited but also scared about the HUGE life change. I took off weight during my six month diet so I am thinking that the adjustments that I have made over that time period will help me adapt to lapband life.

I have BCBS If I have prior dr weith loss program do I still have to go thru the 6 monthe diet plan??

I have BCBS If I have prior dr weith loss program do I still have to go thru the 6 monthe diet plan??

All I know is that my plan required the six month medically supervised weight loss program. I would give your provider a call and just ask what they require. I was a little upset to know that I had to wait that long but now am so happy that I had those months to prepare myself. I cut out anything unhealthy and tried my best to eat like a banded person during that period of time.

congrats-I too just got approval today from bcbs:) I started this process in oct 2007 and my surgery is scheduled for May 28 2008!!! This is my first time chatting on here and just wanted to say congrats and I share your joy and relief-now i will be checking in with fellow bandsters for preop and postop support. Yahooooo!!!!

congrats-I too just got approval today from bcbs:) I started this process in oct 2007 and my surgery is scheduled for May 28 2008!!! This is my first time chatting on here and just wanted to say congrats and I share your joy and relief-now i will be checking in with fellow bandsters for preop and postop support. Yahooooo!!!!

Congratulations to you also. Such a relief to finally be approved, isn''t it? Sounds like you started the process about the same time that I did. I got my surgery date today. June 17. I am soooooo ready!!!!!!!!!!!