Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

O.M. Goodness My Co-Worker...

Is about 5-feet tall and has told me that she wants to loose weight.. she wants to loose about 30lbs.. however I think she is addicted to food.... OMG when u talk about food her eyes light up... :tt1: and she starts to moan.. and say things like yeahhhh that red lobster was amazing.. or this and that was out of sight..:eek: and i sit next to this chick... while trying to drink a strawberry-n-cream slim fast she is shoveling chezzy Pasta and chicken down...:unsure: r u serious.... and then has the nerve to ask me hey are WE:cursing: going to workout after to work today.. and sits and rub's her stomach and says uhhh i am so miseriable... :tt2:. This is not sometimes.. serious this is everyday... I try to have will power and actually i am doing pretty good at it. Last March i weighed 305 because we all were on a weight loss challenge for 1 mth. and since I have been eating right not too bad.. and working out every now and then have come down to about 283. pretty good for not dieting on a serious note.. but some people really make it hard for u to succeed... but sitting next to her actually is making me dislike food all-together.. and that is really crazy. Just listening to her fantasize about her eating excursions make me sick to my stomach... :lol: But how do u deal with co-workers that seem like they are trying to do things so u will fail....:thumbup:

You know what she could be doing? Trying to make you eat crap. If she's fat and miserable, she might want you to be too. If you get skinny, who will she be fat with? You know? :huh2:

You know what she could be doing? Trying to make you eat crap. If she's fat and miserable, she might want you to be too. If you get skinny, who will she be fat with? You know? :lol:

That is exactly what i was thinking... I have stopped drinking soda all together diet, reg soda all of it.. and she will go and get a soda and is like do u want to share this with me. uhh I can't drink all of this u have to have some.. and im like uhh no. u will be ok.. and then has the nerve to bring in sugar free candy:confused2: what the hell... she eats 2-3 dinner size portions at work... during the day...and she will eat every last crumb and then burp like a construction worker.....:huh2:

Wow...that is really sad! Good for you for staying strong under the circumstances. I can definitely see how seeing someone gorge themselves like that could make you really think twice about eating. Stay strong and try not to let her get to you too bad.

My best friend is going through the same thing with a co-worker of hers. You keep up your good work. She just wants everyone fat and miserable! She should get on the weight loss band wagon or get the #@#% out the way!

I take it you are banded? If so just surround yourself with supportive people. Do you have a doctor's support group you can attend?

Ahhh the coworker from hell. :smile:

Years ago, after my daughter was born and I was trying to lose the post-baby weight, a fellow coworker and I started dieting and exercising together since she wanted to lose a few pounds, too. Well, our boss started that very next week coming in every morning with donuts or something like that for Breakfast - or even worse - blackberry muffins from a local bakery that were HEAVEN in your mouth. Geezzz..

Then he'd get mad when we didn't eat whatever he brought, even though we told him many, many times we were trying to lose weight. It was almost as if he were literally harassing us with food! :blushing:

Stick to your guns, think about how HOT you're going to look and how gross she is with all her Al Bundy tummy rubbing and all that burping. :cursing:

Smile at her and do this: :thumbup: and don't let the fools get you down!

Ahhh the coworker from hell. :thumbup:

Years ago, after my daughter was born and I was trying to lose the post-baby weight, a fellow coworker and I started dieting and exercising together since she wanted to lose a few pounds, too. Well, our boss started that very next week coming in every morning with donuts or something like that for breakfast - or even worse - blackberry muffins from a local bakery that were HEAVEN in your mouth. Geezzz..

Then he'd get mad when we didn't eat whatever he brought, even though we told him many, many times we were trying to lose weight. It was almost as if he were literally harassing us with food! :tongue:

Stick to your guns, think about how HOT you're going to look and how gross she is with all her Al Bundy tummy rubbing and all that burping. :wink2:

Smile at her and do this: :eek: and don't let the fools get you down!

U r so right...lol.. I am trying to be strong.... and now she is on the Atkins diet...lol.. so now we are going to see how long this lasts for her...

Sounds like enabler behavior to me. My sister in law is like that; no surprise that her husband is an alcoholic. She constantly pushes food at my husband and me, brings stuff over to our house, tries to tempt us with stuff we shouldn't eat when we visit her. I don't really understand the behavior--maybe I should read a book. But for some reason she feels better if she can feed her family's addictions.

I wanted to say that I feel sorry for your co-worker. If she truly is addicted then she has a very serious problem and deserves pity not bashing. My mother is like that and it is very hard for us to keep her on the right track. She is 74 and I tell you she is like a true addict in her behaviour. We cannot leave anything out or she will eat it, and I mean eat it all!! She is miserable due to health reasons and then she wonders why we are concerned that she weighs the amount she does. She has lost 100 pounds only by us helping her in her restriction of her food. That was a job!! But she is doing better now, as she lives in a care facility, as long as there is nothing there to tempt her. If we give her some candy for a gift, she will eat the whole box right then and there. So needless to say we do not give her more than a piece or two at most at any one time.

As I have some others in my family that are addicts of one thing or another, your co-worker has all the markings of one. You know that old saying that mysery loves company. You should be glad that you do not have that problem and you will be the better for doing what you are going to do to take care of your weight. I know that I am a food junkie and have to do this to help me break my cycle of gaining and losing and gaining it back again.

I can only hope that you will not allow her to drag you down with her and you manage to stay strong and maybe even help her (if you can) some cannot be helped and those are the ones that I really feel sorry for.

Nancy

I wanted to say that I feel sorry for your co-worker. If she truly is addicted then she has a very serious problem and deserves pity not bashing. My mother is like that and it is very hard for us to keep her on the right track. She is 74 and I tell you she is like a true addict in her behaviour. We cannot leave anything out or she will eat it, and I mean eat it all!! She is miserable due to health reasons and then she wonders why we are concerned that she weighs the amount she does. She has lost 100 pounds only by us helping her in her restriction of her food. That was a job!! But she is doing better now, as she lives in a care facility, as long as there is nothing there to tempt her. If we give her some candy for a gift, she will eat the whole box right then and there. So needless to say we do not give her more than a piece or two at most at any one time.

As I have some others in my family that are addicts of one thing or another, your co-worker has all the markings of one. You know that old saying that mysery loves company. You should be glad that you do not have that problem and you will be the better for doing what you are going to do to take care of your weight. I know that I am a food junkie and have to do this to help me break my cycle of gaining and losing and gaining it back again.

I can only hope that you will not allow her to drag you down with her and you manage to stay strong and maybe even help her (if you can) some cannot be helped and those are the ones that I really feel sorry for.

Nancy

I have told her that I think food is the excitement in her life and she is aware that she has a serious addiction to food... that is really wierd.... her eyes :thumbup: light up like u are talking about going out with a really hot guy when u mention food or ox tails:drool:... she admits that she is a glutten and only wants to do something about it when someone ask her when is the baby due.. she will say oh thats not a baby thats just obesity...and laugh it off...But im trying to help her.. and she sees that when i am determined nothing can change my mind.. so i hope she stops this crap soon...

I can only hope that she can get help for her addiction. It was hard for me but it took a hard lesson for me to realize that I needed to change my way of life. Poor thing she has nothing else in her life to give her the pleasure that food does. That is so sad. I had to find something else to take my mind off of the pleasures of food. That was some doing, I can tell you!! LOL!!

I know that you will be strong and you might even inspire your co-worker to change her ways! You know, lead by example!!

Keep on being strong for yourself and try to ignore your co-worker and her bad habits.

Nancy :thumbup:

I don't think you can help. You must help yourself and she much help herself. Since you know what a complex issue obesity is, I'm sure you understand her difficulty dealing with it.