Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't want anything.......

Ugh.....I'm one day post op....and nothing, I mean nothing sounds good. I did manage to get down one Protein shake yesterday, but it took all day.

This morning, a glass of Water and a cup of herbal tea....but seriously, I just can't stand the thought of anything......

Is that normal?

It was that way for me too, I didn't have anything but VERY LIMITED Water the first 3 days (hence how I got dehydrated)..just sip your fluids and you will feel better in a few days..I promise :biggrin:

Hi, Harley... I was banded on the 12th of March and I'm here to give you good news! It's very normal to feel the way you do.

I spent the first 4 days drinking Water and some juice... I had light, white grape juice and white cranberry juice. In between drinking the Water, I would sip on the juice and it was so refreshing. I did NOT want anything like a shake at all. Finally, I started feeling better and better and I've progressed to a shake, Soup, water, juice. I feel really good and you'll feel better and don't worry if you feel bloated...that also will become less and less of an issue. Time heals all things!

Concentrate on feeling better and taking care of yourself. This is such a great decision we made.

Take care.

Thanks you guys....I really do love it here.

I was feeling pretty cocky because yesterday after the surgery, I felt so good......today I'm a weepy, farting, sore mess!

This too, shall pass!

It does get better. You have to just try to sip on fluids, and be gentle with your body! :biggrin: Just try to get your protien and Water in, make an honest effort whether you want to do it or not...

Good luck!

Actually, last week was a bit of a blur for me... I had good days, and not so good days. You're body and mind are just trying to adjust to everything. And, oh... the gas. yes, that's been a constant companion... and as you said... "this too shall pass!" LOL.

Hang in there... in a few weeks, we're going to be chatting about how happy we are to get through all of this!

so glad to hear this is normal.. I was banded on Monday and honestly have only been able to drink some Water.. I tried a sugarfree popsicle yesterday and just couldnt do it, although my daughter was happy to take it off my hands..

I cant wait to feel better in a few days

The one thing you need to avoid is getting dehydrated. I think not wanting to eat is not going to hurt you. (all of us can stand to miss a few meals, if you know what I mean...) Whatever liquid you can get down you need to get down. Find whatever it is that you can stomach and just get as much of it in as you can. You are not very far out from surgery so take it easy and don't stress about nutrition yet. But get the liquids in. If you can't call your doctor, it is a big deal and needs to be addressed.

Hey Harley!!! Glad to know surgery went well. Yes, farty harley will pass and thin harley is around the corner! And just wait a couple weeks...you'll be like me...begging for your first fill and wanting to eat everything you see!

I've not yet been banded but I have had surgery and I work in a hospital and see plenty of post op patients.

The anesthesia can do a number on folks, as can the variety of meds/pain meds you probably recieved.

If it continues or becomes a problem be sure and talk to your nurse/doctor, but I wouldn't worry quite yet.

My best to you!

I would give ANYTHING for a good burp right about now... I did a "protein slammer" from GNC yesterday and today, and I SWEAR it made me feel better. It is 45 g of Protein per "slam." They taste pretty gross, but after I got the first one down and saw the difference in my energy and pain, I was willing to take the 2nd. Just thought I'd pass that along...