Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHIPPLEDADDY

Whippledaddy where ever you are I hope your day is long and full of joy.

And a happy birthday to the others celebrating today

Happy Birthday Ryan, I sure hope you have a wonderful day, if anyone desreves it it is you my friend. Enjoy your day :)

HAppy Birthday Ryan... make a big wish and blow out ALL of those candles!

And so it goes that the year rolls round and we find ourselves standing on the cusp. One year younger a moment ago, one year older in just a moment.

And yet, it was all moments up to here. And some of them seem so close, so real, like a dream long remembered after waking. And some seem so far away, so distant, like a poem read in the night, about someone else's life.

I can feel the sun on my head as Patty and I stood on that lawn with the Water behind us, and a man with a Bible in his hand asked if we'd be faithful, in sickness and in health. That was just yesterday, twelve years ago.

Thank you for your well wishes. They are the brightest spot in my day today, rest assured that is true. For my truest love lies in hospital, fighting for her life. And they don't know why. My deepest fear is that she will be one of the extinguished candles, and I can't smile when I think of that.

Yet there IS a ray of hope. The neurologist has given us just the tiniest thread to cling to, and it is like the sun breaking through the clouds. So for this I will be thankful, as I know I must be thankful for all things in life. Even birthdays which march by unrelenting until memory fades, and eyes dim, and birthdays lose their luster forevermore.

Also my best friend, Scott, has moved back into the area. Chefs tend to move around a lot, and most of my friends are working in exotic places where it doesn't snow all the time. This too is a happy present for my birthday.

And then there is LBT. Which just may become the Phoenix and rise from it's own ashes. Still I don't feel safe, not entirely safe.

But how could I think of my own safety in the light of such wonderful and caring people? Thank you all, your heartfelt wishes mean the world to me, and may I say in return:

LBT people are one of the blessings I am thankful for each and every day. I bless the mouse click that brought me here that first time. You're all top shelf, and I'm proud to call you folks "friend".

Love and Respect,

Ryan.

Ryan, I hope Scott makes you a beautiful birthday cake and you enjoy a nice sized piece w/no pbs. I'm so sorry to hear that Patty is having more problems. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. You'll continue to be. Let's hope the neurologist can give you some good workable answers. Take care of yourself. And don't forget, you're not getting older, you're getting better! (((Hugs)))

Ryan... was crying before... now I'm bawling... my heart breaks for you and Patty and the battle you are fighting... I pray that you will both win this battle and return to your life as it should always have been. (((hugs)))

hey there ryan

i knew the minute i saw your pic that we were twins..lol

i hit the 36 mark today...hope your day is as good as mine and that you get the news about your loved one that gives you light at the end of the tunnel.

im not a religous person but i will say a prayer for you toady and keep your loved one in my thoughts

love tracey

Broken Heart here...I am so sorry about your dear Patty. May she be well soon and home with you, where she belongs. In ways, we need you like you need her...your presence is missed and longed for, may your birthday bring you joy in unexpected ways.

Yes Happy Happy Birthday Ryan.

May You be showered with nothing but good Blessings This Year:)

Ryan, my thoughts are with you and Patty. Wishing ya'll the best!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Ryan, ladiebird, slenderella, geenut, and Missy....Happy Birthday to Ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whipple~ I just wanted you and Patty to know that your in my thoughts and prayers. please know we are here for you and I wish on this day your Birthday that you and Patty will hear good news of her recovery. So glad your checking in on LBT you are MISSED everyday!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches