Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DeLarla, How are You Feeling?

Just wondering, after all the problems youve been having - how are you doing/feeling???

And how's the wound look where the old port was?

Are things any better???

DeLarla is a feisty little thing. Lisa has been funky lately. So come here and fill us all in on your life. We are ALL nosy nellies. Love ya

I have been in a deep funk and eating every thing not nailed down plus some of the nails and nailed down stuff. I think I had to hit rock-bottom again, cause today I'm feeling a little spunky again. I got really tired of driving all over town getting the dressing changed on my wound, so yesterday I sucked up and did it myself. It was the first time actually looking at the thing, and it's worse than I imagined. I can't believe this disgusting hole. And I'm just starting to come to terms with my new deformity. The entire area will be a sunken in cave with a hideous scar if it ever closes. I remember Dr. Billy telling me I'll probably want plastic surgery to fix the area. I hate the hole. I really hate it. Then the weirdest thing in the world happened on Monday. I'm hesitant to post about it because it seriously makes me gag, but I ran into the local Lapband surgeon - the one that refused to help me when my tube was sticking out of the infected port! I swear, it was the weirdest thing: I was at the pharmacy counter going through my wallet to pay for new surgical supplies for the wound, when a voice behind me says, "you have a LapBand?" I turn to find a skinny old man, so I said, "how do you know?" He saw my LapBand card in my wallet and told me he's a local Band surgeon. I said, "NO WAY, you're not Doctor Fisher, are you?" He said yes. He saw Dr. Lopez-Corvala's name on my card and said "Corvala is my best friend!" With that, I nearly puked. I asked him why he refused to treat his best friend's infected patient with tubes sticking out of an open surgical incision! The SOB actually had the balls to lie to me and say he knew nothing about it. 1. I spoke with his office twice telling them Lopez gave me a direct referral to Fisher and that they are best friends and that my tube was infected and sticking out, and he refused to take my call, call me back, or see me. 2. Ann Marie (let's not bash her for one second) met with Fisher directly about me. She was trying desperately to help me get fixed since my problem was making her business with Lopez look bad, and she ran into Fisher in an elevator and he told her he couldn't help me due to his med mal insurance, not even as a personal favor. So here's this doctor lying to my face in the pharmacy. I exchanged quite a few words with him, I even broke down crying in the middle of the pharmacy and practically begged him to replace my port once I'm healed. No, no, no. He won't lift a damn finger for me. I asked why he promised his "best friend" that he'd care for all his patients, and he said, "I will care for any emergencies." He even agreed a protruding tube was an emergency. Funny, even Dr. Billy's PA in Ventura, California knew of the famous Lopez-Vegas-LapBand-Patient-with-infected-protruding-tube, yet Fisher looked me in the eye and said he didn't know.

There's more to the story, but have you ever been so blown away, so angry, so hurt, so humilated, so used, so abused, and so neglected that you just can't even speak? That's where I've been the last couple days.

BUT (horns tooting) I think I'm back. I got up extra early, took a long sweaty walk with my pooches, did some laundry, and stared a food journal. I ate a whole wheat tort with cheese and Vitamins for Breakfast. Gonna fill up my Water now and hopefully start feeling better.

I plan on writing a very long novel/letter about my experience. Dr. Fisher makes me want to puke. Honestly, the man cares more about money and his reputation then he does about hurt human beings. I could never turn down a patient, no matter what the possible repurcussions. I even told him I'd sign a legal waiver protecting him, but he still turned me down. I even asked him if he'd give me a fill if I ever get a new port. Nope, nada, nill, zippo, zilch. I hate that tiny little man.

So the FDA will be hearing from me, as will Inamed and Dr. Fisher. Enough is enough.

Delarla, do you know the difference between God and a doctor?

God knows he's not a doctor....

I'm sitting here making "chuffing" noises at the though of this trumped up peacock, and his treatment of you. Kharma will, unfortunately, catch up with him. Unfortunatly for him, man, that is some bad kharma.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you are "back!"

You know Lisa you have come along way and on the healing side this time. Cannot post the words about that little man but everyday is a new day and glad you took the bull by the horns today and made the new post to track what we eat.

Glad you got your spunk back Lisa. I hope you never run in to him again, but if you do, step on him like a bug. You are so inspiring. You're like the energizer bunny.....nothing stops you.

And here's something to help do it: My size 11s headed toward Dr. Fisher's bony behind.

post-204076-13813131644147_thumb.jpg

Zoe, that one brought tears to my eyes! Good one! Reminds me of Working Girl where Melanie Griffith talks about kicking Sigourney Weaver's "bony little ass."

Trumped up peacock? Yep, that's the guy. The "God" quote applies as well. I'm still at a loss for words. This is new to me, I usually can't shut up but he's got my words locked up in lumps in my throat like a big, verbal, non-decisive PB.

Thanks girls, you have no idea how much I need this right now. I can physically feel this gaping hole, and it seriously grosses me out. I was hoping it would be closed by now, but I could still hide stuff in it. I could probably smuggle a couple grams of stash to another country to help pay for it all. What's that number that Maria called to get those cocaine pellets? I might have a little spunk back, but I still think I'm on the verge of cracking up.

Awww Lisa when you told me about that little so in so I wanted to kick his arse my own self. I would call the AMA and report his actions as well. He is an insensitive snot in my book. Of course they don't really "teach" sensitivity to the medical profession. OOPS!! Let me clarify this last statement. The Medical Profession I am referring to are doctors NOT nurses. We nurses are taught the compassion and respect needed to treat a patient. Somewhere along the line the doctors, surgeons, and some Physician Assistants were absent the day it was taught. Or they all banded (no pun intended) together and decided that was unnecessary frivolous dribble that isn't worth their time. SIGH!! I have run into some docs and surgeons like this. I usually quickly put them in their place. Love that part.

Geez Lisa

My Billy was just asking about you this morning. Just remember un-banded people think about you as well.

Now As far as this so called doctor?? The kind of irate person I am. If I lived anywhere near you I would go to one of his seminars act like some interested person, ask allot of questions. Then just start bashing him in front of a huge crowd.

Lisa, would you honestly want this dr. taking care of you now? Please write him off like a bad check and focus your energy on healing. That type of stress can't be good for your ulcer. He's not worth it!