Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What things did y’all eat on a liquid diet cause I am tired of broth. Feel free to be honest cause it’s my post and I’m not judging and don’t let other people comments steer you away either , I need some suggestions

I made some Soups for my family and thinned them out or blended them and avoided chunks (broccoli cheese, potato, beef stew etc.), lots of Protein waters (Protein2o), Decaf coffee with fat free half & half, flavored waters, sugar free Jello (which I hate, but it gave me something with "texture"), and broth of course. It all gets old very fast, but thankfully it doesn't last forever.

Fairlife Protein Shakes, Gatorade Zero Protein, Premier Protein clear Protein Drinks, Jello, thinned cream Soups, sugar free popsicles, and Oikos Triple Zero yogurt thinned with milk.

Pre op and post op I had different things I could eat. After surgery I could have Soups - purred and strained, and they helped a lot. I was also allowed juice (no sugar added) and I made popsicles out of them. Yogurt on occasion (but I have to limit my dairy)

My clear liquid diet only lasted 3 days, and I was in the hospital for 2.5 of those, but I had broth, jell-o, and herbal tea.

I've been on a cloudy liquid diet for almost a week now (with 6 days left to go until 'soft' stage), and I've had...

Imagine brand organic broccoli Soup (pureed)
Imagine brand portobello mushroom soup (also pureed)
Trader Joe's butternut squash soup (same)
Bariatric Fusion meal-replacement Protein Shakes in flavors Cappuccino, chocolate, & strawberry-banana
Orgain clean Protein shakes (in cartons)

and to drink, besides the protein shakes...

Hint flavored water (uncarbonated, unsweetened)
TJ rooibos blood orange tea (herbal)
Vitamin Water Zero (limited to 1/day)
...and lots of plain filtered water, of course

Are you pre or post surgery? You should have been given a list of foods to eat & avoid through each of the stages. If you didn't, ask for one as there are often differences in plans.

Generally, in the post surgery liquid stage Protein Shakes are the main go to, then broths, cream Soups, yoghurt smoothies (can be yoghurt blended with milk). You can increase your Protein intake by including protein waters, milk & adding Protein Powder to the cream soups.

I was only on a clear liquid diet 1 day after surgery, then a full liquid diet for 2 weeks.

I most had Protein Shakes and Protein Gatorade. But, I would also buy Soups and strain them because the bought broth was too bland. I would drink the Soup broth and other people would eat the rest.

I also had a few yogurts but I am not a big fan of yogurt so maybe 2 or 3 times in 2 weeks.

So yea, I was very focused on hitting protein and fluids so mainly stuck with the shakes and Gatorade protein drinks.

If your talking about pre op I was allowed some food. Just lean meat and low carb veggies in small amounts so that was easier. Post op it really was just shakes or clear Protein drinks, broth, sugar free popsicles and Jello. Yes it got pretty darn boring but once you get to purées it’s a little better and soft food is even easier. Basically you just gotta think of your food as medicine for the next few weeks. It’s what your body needs right now and it’s not forever.

You can get broth based Soups from your favorite brands or restaurants and strain them through a VERY fine strainer though. Grocery Stores now carry Panara bread Soups in their deli section and they also have a Walmart brand that are pretty good too and cheaper. Just because you can’t have the chunks doesn’t mean you can’t have a more flavorful broth.

I survived off Protein Shakes 2-3 a day in liquid phase, filled with crystal lite generic flavored water and Jello for something kinda solid to keep the crazy away. I have to admit when I was allowed to eat my first scrambled egg it was a game changer. I'm a creature of habit though and I'm fine with eating the same thing over and over and over. I think that has helped me the most through this process-I don't need variety.

Sent from my SM-F926U using BariatricPal mobile app

I remember when I was allowed a scrambled egg and it was HEAVEN! I lived off them through my puree diet and soft food. So good!