Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss I’m nearing the 3month period & have only loss 30 pounds. I’ve started working out daily 30 minutes a day in the mornings. Do any one have any thoughts on this issue?

Thats not bad at all... Everyone is different. some loose faster than others. stick to the program and you will loose the weight.

It depends what your weight is on the day of surgery. I mean those that have more to lose often lose faster, those that have less to lose often lose slower. But there's so many factors that determine weight loss.

Two informative calculators to use that can guide you on your weight loss journey is the BMR and TDEE.

A loss of 30 pounds is great. You’re not going to lose those large amounts of weight like they do on shows like My 600lb Life unless you’re 600+lbs. Even their rate of lose slows as their weight gets lower. There’s a few things to can rely on during this process. The more you have to lose the faster you’ll lose in the beginning. The closer to goal the slower your rate of loss. And most importantly, we lose at our own rate.

Has your surgeon, dietician GP said you’re losing too slowly? If not you’re golden.

Celebrate every pound you lose. It’s an amazing achievement

While all weigh loss is excellent, it would be helpful if you filled in your profile, starting weight, height, current weight so as to give context to your query.

20 hours ago, The Greater Fool said:

Congratulations!

Tek

Thx

I'm 3.5 months out and two inches taller than you, and I've been averaging -10 pounds a month. My 3-month checkup was last week, and my NP was very happy with my progress. As others have said, your starting weight will make a difference. Any loss is good loss; sometimes it'll be slow, sometimes it'll go faster. It's mostly about whatever your medical team says is healthy. :) I'm happy with my rate: I won't be able to avoid loose skin entirely, but I'm hoping to minimize it!

Wonderful progress! How much did you lose in 3 months before surgery? Losses in excess of 4lb per week won't be just fat loss and "stalls" while eating below replacement calories are stalls of weight and not fat loss. scales are evil. Just my 2c.

On 3/9/2022 at 6:18 PM, Mrs.RH said:

Weight loss I’m nearing the 3month period & have only loss 30 pounds. I’ve started working out daily 30 minutes a day in the mornings. Do any one have any thoughts on this issue?

me too! it has been almost 3 months since the operation and I ve lost only 11 kilos! i wonder if this is ok!

Isn't 11 kilos quite a lot though?

On 3/9/2022 at 11:18 AM, Mrs.RH said:

I feel the same. Started 12/6 pre op diet, sleeved 12/22, down 28 lbs. total. I'm older so I'm really OK with it, Just thought it would be more my now. Good luck to you.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:06 PM, Pollito said:

Yes, it’s just over 24lbs which is a decent amount of weight loss for most people.

It’s not a race. There ‘s no gold medal or media covered celebration for how fast you lose. You will lose weight at your own rate. Some are slow losers. Some lose more quickly. There are too many factors beyond your control which influence the rate of your loss: age, gender, weight loss/gain history, existing health conditions, medications, etc.

On 3/13/2022 at 4:24 AM, Arabesque said:

Yes, it’s just over 24lbs which is a decent amount of weight loss for most people.

It’s not a race. There ‘s no gold medal or media covered celebration for how fast you lose. You will lose weight at your own rate. Some are slow losers. Some lose more quickly. There are too many factors beyond your control which influence the rate of your loss: age, gender, weight loss/gain history, existing health conditions, medications, etc.

Thank you for reminding me to be patient! 😍

On 3/11/2022 at 1:06 PM, Pollito said:

It's ok i suppose. I thought though that after the operation it would be much easier and faster!😉