Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I’m new here but keep referencing back as I find it so helpful here. Anyways lately I’ve noticed one now going on two of my incisions having a round red puffy circle around my incisions and on what the doctor already told me was infected but not to worry and as of yesterday started getting a bright red/purple yellow bruise… help?

9A815E44-6217-4221-A0F7-49F96DF0570A.jpeg

I would ask your surgery center. That's not something the internet can diagnose.

Edited by lizonaplane

You need to call your surgeon. If you develop a fever above 38ºC/100.4ºF, especially. If you develop a fever above 39ºC/102.2ºF, you should go to urgent care.

Your doctor said it was infected but not to worry? Did they give you any antibiotics or say you needed to come in? I am a wound care nurse, your margins are spreading which is not a good sign. If your doctor refuses to help, please go to urgent care or the ER.

I had leftover antibiotics from a UTI prior to surgery which she said to take it was 1 tablet twice a day, I had 2 days leftover. She said it should go away with that but I couldn’t help but worry so I was asking for opinions not a diagnosis, thank you guys I’ll be heading to urgent care as another incision is starting to get red swelling around it as well

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Vitra  »  Garnold03

Lololol...sad but true.. make sure you have probiotics in your diet daily. It helps your b m not have the horrible odor since we do not have the duodenum. I don't understand why they take that part out but they shouldn't leave it. Everything you eat and you can smell. But when you get back to normal eating it is off the chain.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • UniquelyMe28

Exciting news for me. Found out I will be having my surgery October 25th! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alyssa Dalrymple

Goodluck on your big day

• Jrule

Any od 63 years old  or older having weight loss surgery or have had weight loss surgery.

· 2 replies
      1. Ladidi

I’m 67 and will be 68 when I have my surgery at the beginning of next year.

2. Maylin

I’m 67 and had surgery in September.

• HeBrokeTheChains

I had surgery on September 27th and I am one of the very blessed ones that have had no pain to speak of besides a couple days of gas pain. I have lost 9 lb since surgery, and I am feeling a little like I should have lost more by now. Is that realistic? Or am I being too fussy?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • QUEEN2021

Hello everyone.. I had my surgery on Sept 30th 2021.. and it has been an horrible experience to me. I can't hold down fluids or soft food. so much mucus is coming up!! and I'm spitting all day. I'm so sad over this journey. is anyone having this same issue? if so, what are you doing about it. 
      · 2 replies
      1. SleeverSk

Are you on meds for reflux? If not you should be at this point. If you are already on reflux meds get in touch with your surgeon asap as this is not normal. If fact i would be getting in touch with the surgeon either way. I hope your issue is resolved and you feel better soon

2. Alyssa Dalrymple

I have threw up clear mucus every time I ate something that didn’t sit well with my stomach. I’ve been trying to get too ahead of myself though I had surgery September 22 I noticed that when I eat smaller slower bites I don’t throw up as much

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches