Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys I had gastric sleeves surgery on 4/27 an I am currently down 23 pounds I did get on the scale the last 3 days an it’s at a standstill I’m getting so much anxiety an feeling a little depressed because I’m walking 6 times a week at least 30 min to a hour an the scale has not moved is this normal or happening to any one else ?

Aah, the three week stall. Though it can happen earlier or later than that. Yes, it is common - extremely common. I liked to think of it it as my body taking a breath to catch up with all the changes. You will start to lose again, maybe in a week, maybe two or three & you’ll experience it again.

Some people will say to increase your calories or activity levels. Others will say just keep on your path. I kept on my path & the loss started again (the first time after a week, the second after almost three weeks).

Congrats on your surgery & weight loss so far.

First thing... BREATHE... A LOT. Second thing, be patient with yourself. Arabesque is correct. And this will pass. You can do this even if the "this" is getting through the stalls. If your not already, doing body measurements is a big help so even though the scale may not be moving you can see that your body is changing. Also pay attention to your BM's.

three week stall. if you to do a search on it on this site, you'll find over 17,000 posts on it (and no, I am NOT kidding). It happens to almost all of us. Just stick to your plan and stay off the scale for a few days - and know that your weight loss WILL start up again. It always does...

I am glad you are feeling better about this. Just remember through any stall (because you will have a few through this process) that no human can survive on the limited calories we are consuming (assuming you are sticking to your plan) and not lose weight. Your body may fight it for a little while but the loss is inevitable.

I just posted my concern of not losing as well today. I am 5 weeks post op and have not lost anything since my one week post op visit to the doctor office. It is frustrating, and since I have battled weight issues for over 30 years I feel skeptical but relieved at the same time. Hoping to return to the forum with good news soon.

hang in there, you got this