Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

My hair is like cotton candy 7 months post -op. I had to get it buzz cut to try and get some nutrition to it. I take all my vitamin's and actually feel great.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, please.

Kindest Regards, Lola

there's really not much you can do about it other than keep on top of your Protein and other supplements so it doesn't get any worse than it would otherwise. Just know that it's temporary. Mine went on for about three months. Luckily, I didn't lose very much.

I'm 4 months post RNY and Hair loss has kicked in. I hate it. My hair also seems dry. But I'm also adjusting to no longer coloring my hair and the gray is a different texture than it used to be when colored. Luckily have a a lot of thick hair and the loss is not noticeable to anyone but me.

My WLS team said the same thing as Catwoman did. My GP suggested Rogaine for Women. I haven't tried it.

it's a part of it.... I lost hair with the first sx in 2009, band. But because i lost slowly it was not as bad. 8/28/19 I had the sleeve sx done. My WL was very rapid and the hair fell more. It's coming back. I have a lot of new Hair growth and falling had gone down a lot

I am 9 months post up.. I lost a lot of hair starting at 3 months post op until about 7 months when it stopped. It is finally starting to grow back now.
I just kept taking my Vitamins and getting my Protein.< br>I did just get my hair cut short so it will be easier for the new growth to catch up.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello,
My hair is like cotton candy 7 months post -op. I had to get it buzz cut to try and get some nutrition to it. I take all my vitamin's and actually feel great.
Kindest Regards, Lola

I take hair volume tablets and they have helped

Sent from my SM-J727U using BariatricPal mobile app

whoops! Trying to delete since I already addressed this. It won't let me, I have to type something!

Edited by catwoman7

On 4/30/2021 at 2:15 AM, Lola J said:

Hello,

Kindest Regards, Lola

Mine too!! I have lost over 50% but thankfully I had a lot to start with. It was down to the top of my butt and i have had half the length cut off now and it feels so weird and as you describe Fairy Floss ( Cotton Candy) and so "fly away" just wondering how yours is now. I can see lots of new growth but I don't know if that's from breakage from my last hair appointment (Foiling) or if its real re-growth. Has the texture of your hair improved ?

Edited by SleeverSk

I have heard many similar stories, but the Hair loss was due to people taking powerful drugs affecting their new hair. You need to take a Vitamin complex to strengthen your hair. I also recommend using olaplex 0 and 3 as these shampoos work well and have been proven to work many times. In addition, you need to start eating right and get rid of bad habits, such as smoking and alcohol. By doing all this, you will definitely be able to stop hair loss.

Edited by meijunspee