Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggestions needed

I've been on maintenance for several months but now want to loose another 15-20 lbs but don't know how to do that. I want a quick start so thinking of doing a week of the pre-op diet or a week of the post -op. Has anyone jump started their post program like this? Any suggestions?

I'm doing a pouch reset. Just start at the beginning. Clear Liquids then Protein Drinks the pureed food and soft then.....for 10 days.

Also too you can do a search on here and you'll get tons of information

Good luck 👍💓

our program discourages that since it puts people in a "diet" mindset - but if it works for you, then..??? They always tell us to just go back to tracking and following all the rules.

Did you start maintenance naturally i.e. you reached a point that you weren’t losing any more, or did you &/or your team decide it was time for you to to stop losing & maintain so you increased your intake?

You may find it difficult to lose more if you had reached the point of equilibrium (your calories in equalled the calories your body burns) without changing what you were doing. To lose more you’ll have to reduce your calories to less than what you were consuming up to that time. If you stopped losing at say 1000 calories you will have to eat less than that &/or be more active to lose again. A reset may help in this situation. Remember, to maintain at a lower weight you will still have to consume less than you are eating now &/or be more active. It’s something to consider from a sustainability perspective - can you maintain this diet & activity level long term?

Of course if you deliberately started maintenance, losing more should be easier. You’d have to go back to what you were eating before you increased your food intake to maintain. If you had been losing at say 1000 calories you should only have to reduce your intake back to 1000 calories to start to lose again.

But I’m not an expert. Have a chat with your nutritionalist & your medical team. They’ll be your best source of information & guidance.

Good luck.

My suggestion is always...go slow and sustainable. Tweek your diet with small changes that last and don't try to sprint. Quick weight loss schemes and super restriction can cause your metabolism to shut down and can lead to regain. Slow and steady wins the race.

10 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Did you start maintenance naturally i.e. you reached a point that you weren’t losing any more, or did you &/or your team decide it was time for you to to stop losing & maintain so you increased your intake?

You may find it difficult to lose more if you had reached the point of equilibrium (your calories in equalled the calories your body burns) without changing what you were doing. To lose more you’ll have to reduce your calories to less than what you were consuming up to that time. If you stopped losing at say 1000 calories you will have to eat less than that &/or be more active to lose again. A reset may help in this situation. Remember, to maintain at a lower weight you will still have to consume less than you are eating now &/or be more active. It’s something to consider from a sustainability perspective - can you maintain this diet & activity level long term?

Of course if you deliberately started maintenance, losing more should be easier. You’d have to go back to what you were eating before you increased your food intake to maintain. If you had been losing at say 1000 calories you should only have to reduce your intake back to 1000 calories to start to lose again.

But I’m not an expert. Have a chat with your nutritionalist & your medical team. They’ll be your best source of information & guidance.

Good luck.

My dietician and I decided to stop losing because of my severe Hair loss. It's been 3 months and has finally ended. ( horrible experience). I did hear back from her and she said it's ok to do the pre-op diet for one week, then slowly increase calories from there.