Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 26 Years Old and 4 Months Out From Gastric Bypass Almost 100lbs Down And 6Weeks Pregnant I’m In Shock Because I NEVER Thought I could Get Pregnant after Years Of Trying And No Success I stopped trying then told myself After Surgery I’m Going To Wait 2years so I Can Get Down To My Goal Weight And Enjoy Being Small Then Start Back Trying NOW BOOM PREGNANT 😫🤦🏽‍♀️ Will I Be Ok Will I Still Lose Weight I’m About 280lbs And My Goal Weight Is Between 140-150lbs 😫😫😫😫😫😫 I’m Also Worried About Nutrition And Any Other Complications For Me And Baby Getting Pregnant So soon I’m So Scared 😥 CLEARLY THIS SURGERY REVERSED MY INFERTILITY ISSUE 😰 AND NO MY SURGEON OR DOCTOR DONT KNOW YET I JUST FOUND OUT TODAY 😰

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy. Secondly, congratulations on your weightloss! :) Bravo to you and I am so happy you are now able to concieve. Of course there are complications associated with pregnancy following weightloss surgery. And there are complications associated with obesity. They can be serious and your concerns for your child's nutrition is valid. However, with proper monitoring and a specialized nutritionist, there is NO reason you cannot have a happy, healthy pregnancy. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. Be patient and listen to your doctors. Be upfront about your medical history and current diet. ASK QUESTIONS. Be an advocate for your pregnancy and your baby's health. Don't let anyone shame you for your wonderful news. Of course it's "ideal" to wait a year to get pregnant because your numbers stabilize and so does your health. But 4 months post-op is not the end of the world, even if people tell you it is. (Hugs) My dear friend fell pregnant with her first (at 35 years old!) Just 7 months following her surgery and has a healthy, beautiful baby girl now. I wish you the best of luck. Smile! You're having a baby!

yep - increased fertility is VERY common after surgery! They do usually tell you to wait a year, but you won't be the first - nor the last - to get pregnant just weeks or months out of the gate. Just work with your doctors - they'll know what to do!

As you lose weight Estrogen is released from your fat cells and boom! fertility.

Congrats on your pregnancy. Just listen to your doctors and good luck to you both!

Edited by mcfluffington

If it makes you feel better, my close friend Jessie had PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and couldn't get prego. Then she had the GB and bam..... last year she had her second beautiful healthy baby. She is back down in weight also.

Take a deep breath & enjoy the feeling! Congratulations!

Oh my gosh! That is wonderful news! Congratulations on getting pregnant finally... as well as losing 100 lbs. I can not answer any of the questions you asked, but hopefully others can, as well as your doctors.

Don't stress! I am sure that a lot of others have been through this same situation and everything will be okay.

You will probably have to be extra mindful of what you put in your body, but google around until you can get to your doctor for advice and see if you can find others who were in a similar situation & their suggestions..

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!

Congratulations!!!!! So happy for you!!!

I'm going to say congrats! because it sounds like this is something you wanted, even though you are understandably scared.

WLS surgery definitely improves fertility - this is one of the main reasons I did it.

It's hard not to worry. Your recent surgery will probably make your pregnancy a bit more complicated, and the pregnancy will probably make your weight loss a bit more difficult. But all of those things can be managed with the help of your doctors. You will need to work harder to ensure you get proper Protein and Vitamins for your baby, and it will probably end up taking you a little longer to reach your final weight loss goal. But you can handle this! You have a great chance for both a healthy baby and successful weight loss.

First congratulations!!! Second, I know the feeling boo! Happened to me as well, had two gorgeous babies ... gained over 100 lbs both pregnancies...had gastric bypass surgery in August of 2016, lost 100lbs by Christmas, Christmas night got pregnant (didn’t find out until January when I went to my surgeon thinking I was dying from nutrition deficiencies bc I was so weak I couldn’t walk to the car from my kitchen without wanting to faint) he sent me for some blood work that same day & the lady taking my blood said “with all the symptoms you just described are you sure you’re not pregnant?” I said no, I’m dying I’m not pregnant! (Oh, I left out the fact I was on birth control 😩) she laughed & said “well how about we give you a test just Incase😊” I said okay, so I took the test...not even 3min later she popped her head in the room & said “well well well guess what?!” I said “no way!” She said “oh yes ma’am way, congratulations you’re having a baby!” She explained to me when you loose such a dramatic amount of weight so quickly your body assumes you’re super healthy and decides “it’s baby time!” I said but the birth control?’ She said, oh hunny when you are super fertile like someone gets after WLS not even birth control can stop what the Lord has already created” needless to say, I only gained about 20lbs, gave birth to my smallest of 3 babies (she was only 6lbs her brother&sister we’re both over 10lbs 😳) she’s the best blessing I have ever laid my eyes on. Pregnancy was a cake walk, I don’t know how but by the grace of God I was able to eat more during my pregnancy for her sake..after having her I dropped all my weight & some...your doctors will take great care of you, your baby will be beautiful & healthy! You’re healthy now, the weight will drop off when you have the baby So just breath, ask the Lord for His peace & help & sit back & enjoy the ride MOM 😉