Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RE Trapped Gas - Just FYI

Hello all:

I had a bad experience night before last and all day yesterday. After my evening dinner on Sunday I was very uncomfortable. My stomach was actually distended and felt like a hard rock. I thought it would just go away but it persisted into Monday morning and afternoon. This was so uncomfortable in that if I sat up I could feel my stomach protruding. I was somewhat worried and spoke with my doctor. That did me no good except it allayed a lot of fear that something really serious was going on. Finally I thought of taking some Gas-X (Simethicone) 125 mgs (2 capsules). It did not clear it up completely but it helped a GREAT DEAL. You can take two (2) capsules with meals and before bed. I'm going to take it for today and see what happens.

I just wanted to share this since it helped me so much!!

Best to all,

Grace

Stand up a few times while eating really helps me out

I had surgery on 3/10/2020. When I got home, I was so miserable, because of awful gas pains. I tried everything, but I did not get any relief until I warmed a bottle of ProtienN20 in a cup in the microwave, added 2 Celestial teabags, stirred and sipped very slowly. Heat makes gas rise, so I started burping, slowly but I finally began to get some pain releasing relief. Also, I started passing gas, which was, so awesome. I drink this every morning. Hope this helps

As far as gas, the pain I experienced post op was the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. No, I’ve not had any children but I’ve had my boobs and my nose worked on...those were a piece of cake compared to this.
The only relief I found was with a product called Charco Caps. It’s activated charcoal. It works on gas in your body not just your colon like Gas-X is designed for. I took Gas-X and it did nothing for the gas pain for me. I hope you’re feeling better!!

Wish, I would have known about the Charco Caps. I probably could have saved myself, a week of complete, utter misery!

I experienced trapped gas Saturday night and most of yesterday, WTF is all I've got to say.

Feeling better now, happy I'm sleeping alone because I passed gas during the entire time everytime I could, lmaooooo.

@Krimsonbutterflies that’s so crazy how long it stays trapped inside! I’ve been experiencing a pain in my right side behind my incision I thought maybe it’s because I’ve started stretching and using weights to start toning up and maybe pulled it?? But now I wonder if it’s trapped gas. Hmmm. Either way, I too let her rip when needed. Lol! I try not to do it around my mom, brother and sissy-in-law but niece and nephew (6 and 4) think it’s hilarious 😂. I’m ole Tooty McTooterson around them. Hahahahaha.

On 3/24/2020 at 5:21 PM, DAWNANDREA said:

I had surgery on 3/10/2020. When I got home, I was so miserable, because of awful gas pains. I tried everything, but I did not get any relief until I warmed a bottle of ProtienN20 in a cup in the microwave, added 2 Celestial teabags, stirred and sipped very slowly. Heat makes gas rise, so I started burping, slowly but I finally began to get some pain releasing relief. Also, I started passing gas, which was, so awesome. I drink this every morning. Hope this helps

Also use a heating pad!! Helps relax the muscle to pass the gas best of luck!